BHW to a 700r4?

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
So the 700r4 has a tv (kick down cable) the BHW is throttle by wire.

Has anyone mated these two? If so did you find a way to attach it to the throttle pedal?

Or did you ditch the 700r4 for a 4l60e and use a stand alone tcu since (iirc) the 4l60e doesn't use a tv cable.

My little s10 might be getting an upgrade in place of the 4.3

Also is there a stall speed that the tdi would like? I can get a 6.2 chevy diesel torque converter that attaches to the 700r4

Exenos

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf
If you want to keep the 700r4 I would cut the vw pedal down and mount it in the engine bay with the s10 throttle cable actuating it and run the kick down from that. Just pretend that the pedal is the throttle body.

I'd try the stock s10 converter before you change anything. My guess is that a 2000 rpm stall would be nice with a tdi and the stock s10 one should be a bit lower than that.

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
I like that idea. My 700r4 has 300k on it but 250k of that was my grandparents and being it was the only new vehicle they ever bought(and they are old) it has been babied. I won't be rebuilding it until it goes. An 4l60e stand alone will pay for a 700r4 rebuild/upgrade.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
If you want to keep the 700r4 I would cut the vw pedal down and mount it in the engine bay with the s10 throttle cable actuating it and run the kick down from that. Just pretend that the pedal is the throttle body.
Just what I was going to suggest.

The A3 / B4 cars, and the Mercedes E300 TurboDiesel, have a rotary encoder for this vs. the sensor that's built into the pedal like the A4s. I don't know if their signal is the same, but if you can't get something worked out with the A4 pedal that might be another option.

-J