Looking for TDI mechanic in Cincinnati

Sam Carleton

Veteran Member
TDI
NB 2002 Galactic Blue
I am in a bit of a crunch here, fore the car is leaking so much coolant that I am not driving it anymore. I know that dealers don't see a ton of TDI's, thus they are not always the ideal place to take our cars, but considering my situation, is this a repair that can be trusted to a dealer?

Sam

Sam Carleton

Veteran Member
TDI
NB 2002 Galactic Blue
I just called a local dealer and they gave me a quote of 2 1/2 hours ($210 or something like that). Does Jon Hamilton run a shop so I can call him during the day or should I be calling him in the evening?

Sam

august676

TDI
2000 Golf TDI
Mechanic in Cincinnati

Hello
I am a master mechanic in Dayton. I can probably help you if you feel like driving to Dayton. Also my brother lives in Cincinnati and can do some TDI repair. He owns a 2000 Golf TDI. email or call me at 937-602-6106
Thanks,
Joe Augustine

august676

TDI
2000 Golf TDI
Mechanic

Sam,
My local dealer has the coolant flange if you still need it fixed. Just let me know.
Thanks
Joe Augustine

Grisik

TDI
2006 Jetta
THe VW dealer in Fairfield is supposed to have a good TDI man. He left Champion VW in Florence and went to Fairfield. They raved avout him.

august676

TDI
2000 Golf TDI
If anyone in the Dayton or Cincinnati areas need Vw repairs including TDI repairs, I can help. I have the factory tools and I am a ASE certified Master tech. I also am very reasonable on prices.

frbill777

TDI
2002 jetta 2003 Golf
mark IV tdi s

Greetings,
I just saw your thread (though years old!). Are you still offering repairs? In what part of Dayton/Cincinnati are you in?
I have a 2002 jetta tdi that I may be looking to get replaced with water pump/tensioner, etc. if so, what would you estimate as total cost? The vehicle has been kept inside so there is very little rust.
Regards, William

Sam Carleton

Veteran Member
TDI
NB 2002 Galactic Blue
Greetings,
I just saw your thread (though years old!). Are you still offering repairs? In what part of Dayton/Cincinnati are you in?
William, Joe is very much still around. He now has his own very successful shop. Joe is a wonderful guy, I would still use him all the time except he is simply too far away, being up in Beavercreek and myself down in Cincinnati. Here is his shop's contact info:

Augustine Automotive
801 Factory Rd
Beavercreek, OH 45434
937-912-0026

edthacker

TDI
05 Passat Wagon TDI Chainless, Colt Cam, 5 spd european tranny, rear air bags
If you are still looking, I highly recommend Dubwerx 513-795-8648 , 5591 Wooster Pike, Cincy 45227.