New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

CarlosF

TDI
2010 GSW TDI DSG Blue Graphite
My first VW and first post.

I'm picking up the wagon next week and am looking forward to the 2300km drive home. I had it inspected by the VW dealership there and any issues were resolved, some covered under the VWPP that the previous owner had purchased (and will be transferred to me) so I'm pretty confident that the drive will be trouble free. I mean why shouldn't it be, right? It is a 2010 GSW TDI w/ DSG, only 93,000 kms, and has seemingly been well maintained. I've been looking for a TDI wagon for several months now, have read reviews for various years, have poured over the forum posts here...
The wife will probably be driving it more than I will because she works in town which is 30kms away and I just work 3kms up the road and ride my mtn bike back and forth, all seasons, in all weather. But the plan is to load the wagon up in late Fall and seek warmer climes: SW US, Baja California... probably car camping at first, maybe an Aliner-type trailer sometime in the future. I used to do that drive in a Suburban pulling a 33' travel trailer so we're downsizing. The GSW was assembled in Mexico so I'm hoping that the fates will be kind.
Wish us luck! My next post will probably be a trip report.

jctdi00

TDI
03 Jetta TDI GLS
new member here. i have money burning a hole in my pocket, on the hunt for a jetta or golf tdi. I am getting it for a 50 mile commute. I just got out from underneath an old honda civic that couldn't pass smog and now im ready for the tdi i wanted to get in the first place. i did a little research and found hey need the right oil, g12 coolant and timing belt kit every 100K and dont get lazy on maintenance or put the cheapest parts you can find on them. I also have a 01 dodge cummins turbo diesel with the HO engine and a 6 speed. I've always had my eye on these tdis and am looking at getting one soon. I was wondering what the life expentancy of the injection pumps are. I have an adaquate fuel supply on my truck and the rotary vp44pump typically lasts around 200K miles and i feed it 2 stroke oil at an ounce per gallon. Is that something that could be helpful on the TDI or just straight diesel?
Anyways i am looking at an 03 jetta TDI 5 speed with 126K here soon and anything else that pops up

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
just joined after using this forum for many things on a 2001 TDI Jetta 5 speed.

have VCDS MKII cable. Hampton roads area...will also post in the proper thread.

hopefully have an 11 mil pump coming soon. hopefully 99 bux for a U Pull IT pump wasn't a waste of 99 bux.

looking for 275 to 300 TQ by next spring...this winter I want to go through the car and maybe add some dynamat through out the car but fix all of the neglected items.

Last edited:

dirtx

TDI
1998 mk111
my new 1998 jetta tdi

[/URL][/IMG]hi, just picked up a 1998 jetta tdi. with 201K. it was purchased from a friend who was the original owner. the car run great and timing belt water pump done 25k ago. There is a lot of info to digest here. Thanks to all that post.
I will continue to search and learn. My only question now is can I hook up my wifi obd11 wireless scanner to get the current airbag code? I use my iphone, with four stroke software. or the vag. which i don't have. Also i see conflicting info about where the port is. I do have a Bentley manual but cant find it yet. Maybe in the dash under the control buttons? Does not look like that port opens up. But I just got this and will continue to look.Thank in advance. and maybe someday I can contribute to this forum. Have a great day!
I just put on bottle cap wheels from my e30 bmw. it realy transformed the car.

Last edited:

Caballo

TDI
Golf TDI 2006
Been reading this forum for years off and on and finally joined due to rear brakes binding up due to, far as i can tell, calliper pistons refusing to retract after pressing brakes. Far as I can tell, VW brakes seem to be notorious for having issues, especially rear drivers side. Replaced a calliper on that side, bled brakes and piston continues to push pads up against rotors, both sides. Only replaced the one as was uncertain if that was the issue. Don't think it is. Parking brake cables disengaged during whole process.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
.................calliper pistons refusing to retract after pressing brakes.........................
This can happen if you fail to rotate the piston while it's retracted.
Our MKIV and newer cars have the same brakes as everyone else, same issues.

BuyMeBackSoon

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 golf
Hey

New member! Due to an internal family car swapping I'm going to be driving the Golf 13 TDI until our friends from Germany makes things right. Currently driving a Mini Countryman which goes to son and wife gets new Mini hardtop. I like the VW, especially the torque and sound system.

eurocab

TDI
2004 Passat, 2010 Audi Q7
Over the last few years I have visited this site as a guest on several occasions, but finally decided to sign up. I want to start doing the simple repairs on my vehicles. The dealers charge far more than I make an hour, so it's time to cut the cord or at least keep some of that money for other things. I currently have an incapacitated 2004 Passat TDI in my driveway that I need to start using as I am paying for the insurance and the ad valorem taxes. It was working fine and then it wasn't. The starter turns fine, but no ignition. Replaced battery, fuel filter and checked to make sure the lift pump was functioning. Also checked the fuses. It looks like I will be getting the vag-com soon. Any ideas which way to go from here? Thanks.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
New member! Due to an internal family car swapping I'm going to be driving the Golf 13 TDI until our friends from Germany makes things right. Currently driving a Mini Countryman which goes to son and wife gets new Mini hardtop. I like the VW, especially the torque and sound system.
Love your user name.

Good luck on all issues regarding the buy back :D:D:D:D

monkeyboywa

TDI
2010 2.0L Jetta
Hey all...just pulled the trigger on a 2010 Jetta TDI....been wanting one for awhile now and think i got an ok deal....but regardless...I am totally in love with it...one owner and 123K miles on it and got them to nock some $$ off the price AND throw in the timing belt/water pump change for free :)

Coming from a 2012 Sonic turbo...it's difference between night and day.

Now going to probably do a few tweaks soon...just going to let things settle first and see what creeps up. I'll be scouring the forums to learn about what to look for since the car is over 120K...but all in all it purrs like a kitten...very smooth on shifts, turns, and acceleration :)

anyways, you all dont need to read a book from a gushing TDI owner....cuz you all know my joy!

*wave*

IONICK

TDI
2012 JSW
My 2012 JSW

So I finally joined the club...

I have wanted a TDI for as long as I can remember. I love efficient vehicles and for me, TDIs are the perfect blend of efficiency and balls.

I was hunting for just a while after selling my 96 Honda Prelude and came across a really good deal on a 2012 JSW automatic w/ 45k miles. I wanted a 6-speed but the deal was too choice that I had to go for it. It also doesn't have the pano roof or nav so it must be the be the base model but I really don't mind as I never end up using either of the features in my other cars that have had them.

So far I am in love. I love how roomy this car is (I got the wagon vs a golf because this is intended to be my family car for the next 10 years at least) I love the passing power it has compared to my wife's prius C and it still almost gets as good MPG.

My current plans for the car:

-Panzer skid plate
-H&R springs to drop just an inch - 1.5 inches
-sway bars to tighten up the body roll
-window tint
-tow hitch
-Stage 1 chip
- other power mods provided the power to $$$ makes sense
-later will be wheels but I actually like the 5 spoke stock wheels

willow363

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Just joined the forum!!!! Just got my 2010 golf tdi on the road and I love it!!!!!
Had an issue with the car not going into reverse and the R was flashing. I disconnected the negative terminal from the battery and it seems to have fixed it. I'm hoping it won't happen again :(

DueWest

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI, 2004 Jetta TDI
Found the Fourm when searching for info on the now non working radio in the wife's 2010 Jetta TDI. I have a 2004 Jetta TDI that is approaching 250K miles and still gets about 49 MPG. Have already learned a lot just skimming through.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Found the Fourm when searching for info on the now non working radio in the wife's 2010 Jetta TDI. I have a 2004 Jetta TDI that is approaching 250K miles and still gets about 49 MPG. Have already learned a lot just skimming through.

Welcome:)

49 MPG on a 250K TDI is sweet:D

Tj40

TDI
2002 Jetta

Hello
Just joined after picking up. 2002 Jetta tdi for cheap just need water pump . I've sense done a timing belt water pump and still need to fine turn the injector but so far so good

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'm picking up the wagon next week and am looking forward to the 2300km drive home. I had it inspected by the VW dealership there and any issues were resolved, some covered under the VWPP that the previous owner had purchased (and will be transferred to me) so I'm pretty confident that the drive will be trouble free. I mean why shouldn't it be, right? It is a 2010 GSW TDI w/ DSG, only 93,000 kms, and has seemingly been well maintained. I've been looking for a TDI wagon for several months now, have read reviews for various years, have poured over the forum posts here...
The wife will probably be driving it more than I will because she works in town which is 30kms away and I just work 3kms up the road and ride my mtn bike back and forth, all seasons, in all weather. But the plan is to load the wagon up in late Fall and seek warmer climes: SW US, Baja California... probably car camping at first, maybe an Aliner-type trailer sometime in the future. I used to do that drive in a Suburban pulling a 33' travel trailer so we're downsizing. The GSW was assembled in Mexico so I'm hoping that the fates will be kind.
Wish us luck! My next post will probably be a trip report.
you gotta love a man who will drive 2300K to pick up his VW TDI :D

BettyWhite

TDI
2003 Jetta GLS
Hey there, just joined the group after looking for some information regarding AC repair and I came across this helpful group.
To make a formal introduction, here are the details on my VW:
- Purchased May 2015
- 2003 Jetta TDi
- Mileage when purchased 248502 miles
- Purchase price $4500
- Car came with a Excel Sheet charting every service interval
- Modifications, a Panzer Skid Plate for protection from ice chunks. Besides the skid plate, the vehicle is stock.
- Car's name - Betty White
- Here's a picture of my chariot https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9yhlqwwaw3bpej/IMG_1355.JPG?dl=0

Last edited:

CarlosF

TDI
2010 GSW TDI DSG Blue Graphite
you gotta love a man who will drive 2300K to pick up his VW TDI :D
It was so worth the trip! I flew down from Whitehorse to Kelowna, seller picked me up at the airport, drove me to get the temp registration and insurance, and then I was on my way. Had an Evo skid plate installed and the oil changed by mid afternoon and drove until 11pm. I'm 6'1" but with the rear seat bottom folded up and the back laid down I could stretch out and sleep until 4am (the sun is just rising then). Nothing on the road except bears and moose. What a fine comfortable ride: one stretch was through tight banked curves and I drove wearing a permasmile. Great handling, great sound from the stereo, and when I did pull out to pass an RV the kick from the turbo was awesome.
After I got home I was able to go through the service history. Previous owner took great care of it and documented every oil/filter change he did.
I've driven it once since I brought it home, the missus driving it every day, and she absolutely loves it.
Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. ✌

josel

TDI
2003 Golf TDI
Hi Guys,

My name is Josel, from Vancouver, BC. I belong in a family of TDI's. My dad's on here. He might see this post and if he does, hey dad! hahaha anyway, my mom and dad both have green mk4's. My sister has a jetta wagon tdi. Parents got me interested because they easily do 50 mpg. I'd kill to get MPG on my Evo but only in my dreams right?

We picked up an 03 golf tdi. It had around 243k kms. Previous owner babied it so it is such pristine condition. The picture does no justice. It has upgraded clutch and bigger nozzles. Previous owner said they were 216's. It is pretty peppy and I think it will be better with a tune.

It really needs nothing. I would probably get a tune and call it a day. I will be my daily driver while my evo becomes a garage queen. It is a no brainer. In BC, golfs are pretty cheap to insure and fuel economy is best. It also has added bonus - it is pretty fun to drive. Nothing close to my evo but it has potential. I think my dad's main goal is to love it enough to get rid of my evo hahaha such an evil plan

jjjeff

TDI
2009 Jetta
Hello TDI Guys
My name is JJ and I had my 2009 Jetta for about 2 years and Lv it . We have had to put a new heater core in. But has been a great car. So my new issue, Is 3 different time know my sliding indicator light come on then at the same time a flashing brake light, amber steering wheel light and the glow plug light all come on at the same time then the gauges all go to zero and no power then they all come back on and then the all the light go off But the sliding car light.
Any suggestions, help what going on

Tks JJ

P.S. 154,000

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hello TDI Guys
My name is JJ and I had my 2009 Jetta for about 2 years and Lv it . We have had to put a new heater core in. But has been a great car. So my new issue, Is 3 different time know my sliding indicator light come on then at the same time a flashing brake light, amber steering wheel light and the glow plug light all come on at the same time then the gauges all go to zero and no power then they all come back on and then the all the light go off But the sliding car light.
Any suggestions, help what going on

Tks JJ

P.S. 154,000
no power?

Do you mean no power as in LIMP MODE?

Beaker80

TDI
2006 Golf TDI Manual
Hi, I joined today after finding this forum for help with a dead radio in our 2011 Golf TDI Wagon. Classic symptoms. No blown fuses and a dead display. Wife not happy as it's hers! Already sent BarryT82 a message as he seems to be "The Guy"!!

Anyways hello to all!!!

blue72super

TDI
2004 Passat GLS TDI
Hello, I am new here but not to diesels. I have been a diesel fan for years. I just purchased a 2004 Passat GLS TDI, with 200,000 miles. I also have a 1985 Chevy C20 with a 6.2L diesel and 240,000 miles, as well as a 1983 Toyota with a 2.4L diesel with 211,000 miles.

Clark