Cold Air Intakes

Xtremery

Pardon for my lack of information, but Im looking to do a cold air intake on my TDI, has anyone attempted this yet, I see there are kits for regular 1.8's and VR6's but have yet to see anyone or anything on a TDI... also for exhausts, I have seen very limited information on kits for a TDI... I heard midpipe kits are the way to go leaving the stock resinator in place, I have seen the "mufflerectomy" that some people have got, but its not my style, This car is going to be a show car so it has to be stylish and yet functional so I dont look like a fool trying to get it to move.... if anyone could help me out... with as little arguing as possible would be nice I dont want to start a war.... Thanks guys
-Ryan

[ September 29, 2002, 06:16: Message edited by: Xtremery ]

BawlsyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta, someday a getta, 2001, baltic green
try searching the performance sections for viper, CAI, and/or cold air intake.

mickkirk

Veteran Member
Quote: "This car is going to be a show car so it has to be stylish and yet functional so I dont look like a retard trying to get it to move" Xtremery

If you'd like help in the future, you might be more successful in recruiting people if you were to make a more concerted effort not to offend parents and friends of the mentally retarded, not to mention the mentally retarded themselves. I might choose to work on this little tidbit before you go to work on your exhaust, if I were you. I'm no preacher but please think before you write.
Respectfully, mickirk

[ September 27, 2002, 09:37: Message edited by: mickkirk ]

BawlsyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta, someday a getta, 2001, baltic green
Originally posted by Xtremery:
This car is going to be a show car so it has to be stylish and yet functional so I dont look like a retard trying to get it to move....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So this is going to be another riced out jetta then? Or are you going to do functional mods? Try VWVortex if you are looking for advice on how to rice a VW.

FowVay

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta returned to der Führer
I fully understand the concept behind a Cold Air Intake on a normally aspirated engine but what is the benefit on a turbocharged engine. The turbocharger compresses the air and increases the air temperature to the point that it needs its own little radiator (intercooler) to cool it back down. I'd be looking for ways to decrease the intake restrictions as opposed to simply bolting a funny looking "for show only" air filter on the car.

There is plenty of modification advice here on the board but it usually doesn't entail the simple 'bolt-on' items that are so common with gas engines.