New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

TDI
2011 VW TDI Jetta wagon
Great info in here! I am a super newbie, just joined yesterday. We've owned our 2011 Jetta wagon for a couple years. I'm very impressed with the power and efficiency. I do now have questions that I'm sure are in here, I just have to find them. I'm sure that somewhere this has been asked already; I was changing oil and noticed up front, behind the radiator, there is some type of cooler that looks like it has an oil filter housing on it? I DID find the link to a detailed breakout (on this site) but the redirect was no good. Can anyone help me define this? Maybe tell me where I should be putting it? Thank you everyone. I'm thinking I'll learn a lot here, in time. Brent

TDI
2011 VW TDI Jetta wagon
Thank You BobnOH! The part you linked, looks like the part. I understand the heat exchanger scenario. The hex is part of a shaft so it looks. I was starting to get a little frustrated because I didn't think I could find any reply to my post. Thank you so much for this. I'll try to get it into the right vehicle forum.

tipsword

TDI
Mk6 Jetta Sportwagen
New TDI owner, old VW guy (Vanagons mostly)

Hi there,

I've done it this time, stepped into the wide world of diesel and am eager to learn how to keep my 2013 Jetta SportWagen TDI alive and running properly.

I've been in the VW community for twenty years, mainly doing Vanagon Westy stuff (I belong the WetWesties and am the FB page owner for VW Westfalia).

I know very little about these cool little motors and am currently researching the threads on 507 LL03 oil and finding that online purchases are in my future as my local FLAPS doesn't sell unicorn worthy oils like these :)

If there are any of you folks that live near Portland Oregon, drop me a note.

I do have a question right away, what's the deal with B20 fuels and the later model TDI motors? So far there appears to more of these folks that straight #2 or B5 in my area.

I look forward to making some new friends!
Brian

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
Welcome!!! Glad to be adding to the TDI family!

LanaW

TDI
Volkswagen Polo 1.5
Hey Guys, glad to be here. Want to share my happiness ) I bought my first TDI yesterday!
Polo 1.5 tdi highline
I'm very excited.

PirateWagon

TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Hello, I am an Eastern NC resident and I just picked up a 2004 Jetta TDI Wagon. I'll post a picture later tonight when I figure out how. HA!

ZootsAlures

Veteran Member
TDI
2012Passat SE TDI
Hello, I am an Eastern NC resident and I just picked up a 2004 Jetta TDI Wagon. I'll post a picture later tonight when I figure out how. HA!

Many safe & enjoyable miles with your new ride. Problem is, more time behind the wheel the more addicted to the Diesel you become. I owned my B7 TDI w/6SpM for over three years and absolutely loved it.. until VW bought it back last year. I’m driving a E250 Bluetec 4Matic now.

Made the trip between New England & Florida many times. Headed to Colorado to sample their legal cannabis next month [emoji39]

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
TDI
05PASSATGLS
Hey all! just bought my first VW, an 05 passat wagen TDI. this is my first foreign car. bought it for mileage. I'm impressed for just owning it for a few days. but a lot to learn about VW TDIs.

mtn-wagon

TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Hi TDIclub - been reading here on and off for a while and starting to do some of my own work on my 04 Jetta wagon. Decided to finally register and join the community :)

Love the car (had it for a few years already) and I'm liking working on it too. Reading around here has made it possible to chase down some issues that I wouldn't have got to otherwise - found leads on an oil leak and MAF DTC problems. Posts on here are a lifesaver.

Got to decide how much I'm going to put into the car still, whether it's worth it to me to make it mine for life or whether I'll fix it up for somebody else to take it further.

Fiat500Baja

TDI
None yet
Newbe here...got a crazy project going on and wanted to introduce myself.
I'm a truck driver OTR as a result of the housing market crash of '08...was in construction for almost 2 decades after serving 8yrs in the Navy, my hobbies have been cars my entire life, doing custom wiring is a side hobby I enjoy when the time is available...I've owned many VW'S over the years, too many to list but it is over 80 cars, bugs, buses, ghia, fastbacks and many other small imports but mainly VW's and a handful of Fiat's ...my favorite was the Sirocco with the 16v 1.8l...had that car up to 140mph driving across the Arizona desert...anyway my newest creation will be TDI powered. ..looking to do one with a stage 3 setup. ..gotta lot of questions to learn more about the TDI 1.9.

tezzy

TDI
None (yet)
Ultra newb here. Moved out to the country 45 min from everything so I was researching fuel economy solutions and remembered my neighbor's ALH Jetta and how much he loves it. Thanks to this forum and the expertise showcased here by the members, I'm searching for the right TDI for me. I've always worked on my own cars, but this will be a new challenge as I've never owned a diesel or a manual transmission vehicle. Lucky for me my neighbor is also a mechanic, should anything go beyond my skill and means. I'm located near Tallahassee, and have been looking hard at a couple for sale here from Alabama. Thanks!

elizer

TDI
2016 touareg tdi
Popped my diesel/tdi cherry 2 weeks ago with a 2016 Touareg tdi. I have only ever driven diesels in the Army (duece and halfs, hmmwv, Mraps, etc). I also have a 1991 Syncro westy that is getting a 1.9 bsw swap in the fall. Looking forward to absorbing all the knowledge here.

alar1976

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI automatic
Newbie joining today 5-22-18

Hello all,

The message at the top says this thread is very old.

Not sure if you will even see this?

Just want to say hello and I hope to learn and share info.

I have a 2002 Jetta TDI. It is one helleva electrical mess...but hopefully we can share info that will help each other out.

alar1976:)

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Hello all,

The message at the top says this thread is very old.

Not sure if you will even see this?

Just want to say hello and I hope to learn and share info.

I have a 2002 Jetta TDI. It is one helleva electrical mess...but hopefully we can share info that will help each other out.

alar1976:)
You are in the right place. This is an on going thread for new folks to introduce themselves.

toledo19tdi

TDI
02 Seat Toledo 1.9 TDI
New owner of a 1.9 TDI Toledo

Hello all,

Bought my ASV engined 02 1.9 TDI Toledo with 98k on the clock just over a week ago, lovely car to drive so far, but there's a couple of issues I need to address. If anyone has any advice please see my thread on the Toledo board.

Thanks

Rinderle_77

TDI
2000 Beetle TDI, 2015 Audi Q7 3.0TDI
Hi everyone! First time TDI owner. Picked up a 2000 Beetle TDI/5speed manual last Friday from it's original owner, with 251k miles and good maintenance records, for what I considered a good price. This will be my daughters first car, but wifes daily driver til that time comes. Already very happy with the fuel economy with a couple hundred miles on the clock already!