2005 Passat TDI Wagon

-Just shy of 230K miles
-Body and paint are decent with a few minor dings, paint still has some life
but could use a good wax and polish.
-Interior is ok, not tattered like some cars I have seen. Normal floppy
door card covering on the arm rest and a little cracking on the center
console arm rest cover. Some parts have that soft touch crap coming off but
not everything like in some cars.
Straight up, this car is suffering but is still running strong, no smoke, starts easy and still get about 35 mpg mixed as it always has. It has some camshaft issues and recently just started developing the thumping sound in the intake and overall the engine is getting louder and louder. The transmission seems to be fine although sometimes it seems to downshift hard when i slam on brakes or something but overall it shifts pretty nice and like i said the car seems to still have its pep. I have owned this passat for about 6 years now and it has always had bad vibration when in gear and stopped. I put a set of very low mile factory OEM axles on it years ago but it did not change anything. I think the transmission mounts may be the issue and I have a set with the car that I never installed. I bought a HEX can cable and the only code that i keep getting is one for the glow plugs. There are no codes for anything else that I have been able to find.
I know the market has fallen on these cars but they are still very hard to find and almost impossible to found down here in the south. I had to get this car from Texas when i bought it years ago. I was about to go ahead and fix all the issues (correctly) but I opted to buy a 2000 golf TDI rather than putting the funds into the passat.
$2000 Pretty dang firm
I have another addition that may be attractive to some and not so to others. I had purchased a Euro 1.9 TDI passat 6sp manual transmission for another project I had in mind. I got the transmission, axles, mounts, shifter all from a Euro TDI Passat. I also have an audi A4 parts car I could possibly get the pedals out of so mostly all that would be left would be a flywheel/clutch setup as well as some minor things of course. I would include this setup for $1000 to anyone who wants to buy the passat. I had pretty much made the choice to do the swap when I was doing the camshaft and other major service but again I picked up the golf so now the passat needs a new home. Im sure I will regret it because this dang car has been fabulous.
I think I have disclosed things as best I can but if i recall anything else I will be sure to update the listing. I will also get some more pictures as well and post them later. Car is located in Leesburg, GA which is about 2.5 hours south of Atlanta and 1.5 hours north of Tallahassee.
Thanks
Mike

Last edited:

Mike Hall

TDI
2000 Golf tdi
Also, They are not on the car right now due to needing new tires but I have nice set of these audi A3 wheels like pictured hear that I will include. I loved the look of these on my passat. I wish I had a picture of it when they were on the car but I dont.