Question About Purchasing a Used 2015 TDI

FLYTDIGUY

TDI
Jetta, 2002, Green
Question to the knowledgeable folks here...

If I were to purchase a used Q7, that has not had the fix completed, which is verified through the VIN on this link, would I be entitled to compensation from the Settlement? Or has that eligibility passed?

If so, how would I find out if it would be full compensation or partial?

Here's the Situation:
An Audi dealer has a used 2015 Q7 TDI with low miles that I'm interested in. I'm told (by the sales manager) that Audi dealers have to wait until after customers get their fixes done before they can update their own inventories. With this vehicle being used, I'm thinking they won't get around to it and I may be lucky and qualify for some of the settlement. If not all of it, maybe a partial amount shared with the previous owner.

Thoughts?

Thanks for any/all input!

surfstar

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf & Passat - sold | 2016 GSW TSI
Buying from a VW/Audi dealer usually assures you that there is no restitution or buyback available.

I have seen exceptions, though. Very few.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Buying from a VW/Audi dealer usually assures you that there is no restitution or buyback available.
I bought two 2.0s from VW/Audi dealers that have full buyback available (one is sold back, the other is the A3 that my wife is driving--will probably get the fix next year). Both of those were bought last year, though.

If they were registered as of 9/15, or owned by a third-party dealer on that date, and haven't had the modification applied, and haven't already been through the buyback, they should be Eligible Vehicles.

FLYTDIGUY

TDI
Jetta, 2002, Green
Thanks for the responses.

Another thought...what about purchasing from non-vw/audi/family dealer.

If unregistered, then it could be eligible...it's worth submitting an online inquiry about, then canceling.

surfstar

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf & Passat - sold | 2016 GSW TSI
I bought two 2.0s from VW/Audi dealers that have full buyback available (one is sold back, the other is the A3 that my wife is driving--will probably get the fix next year). Both of those were bought last year, though.

If they were registered as of 9/15, or owned by a third-party dealer on that date, and haven't had the modification applied, and haven't already been through the buyback, they should be Eligible Vehicles.
I found a flipper just this past March from a VW dealer! I acted quick before they likely knew what they had.

OP, good luck. If you do find one, you may have competition, if people know what to look for.

Big R

TDI
2015 Audi A3, 2015 Audi Q5
Thanks for the responses.

Another thought...what about purchasing from non-vw/audi/family dealer.

If unregistered, then it could be eligible...it's worth submitting an online inquiry about, then canceling.
You can't rely on the online inquiry...Many (all?) cars that have already paid out 1/2 restitution, come back showing full amount available. Only when you submit a real claim do you find out the first 1/2 was already taken.

You really need to assume that 1/2 has already been paid out, regardless of your online inquiry results.