www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old November 9th, 2017, 16:11   #1
gurunutkins

Default rear fog light how to

Hi folks
I have a 2011 sportwagen. I have installed front fogs using the info here and on myturbodiesel. I am having a problem figuring out how to do the rear fogs though. Can anyone point me to an actual article I can work from?
I do have VCDS and from what I can see it should just be a matter of switching out wires on the electrical controllers and changing the reversing bulb on the drivers side to a red one. But I'm not sure
any help appreciated.
Also anyone who has done it - did any of you add a reversing camera? I have added one to my car and it triggers off the passenger side reversing light so i need to make sure that stays the same
cheers
Barri
gurunutkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2017, 07:44   #2
jesus_man
Veteran Member

There is some things in Euro-spec cars that make sense...like these rear facing fogs. The fog in Germany and other places can get very thick! But it helps in rain storms, snow, etc!

Wish I could help you, but I can only encourage you!
jesus_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 09:34   #3
murphyslaw
Veteran Member

4 pages of info here. overview of the project on page 2. And links to other threads on page 3 and 4.

The search function is a wonderful thing.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...light=rear+fog

2014 JSW Sunroof/Nav non-DSG
murphyslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 17:08   #4
gurunutkins

Thanks very much - obviously my search ability is not great as it did not get me to that post.
most appreciated
I'll give it a try
Old November 16th, 2017, 22:32   #5
gmcjetpilot
Veteran Member

Hey you want a rear fog light more power to you, but why may I ask?

I put in front fog lights. I never really had a need to really use them... except maybe once. I live in a major city with street lights, but the fog lights do cast a lower wider light which helps on dark back roads a little, regardless of fog. Are they worth it? No not really from a practical standpoint.

Keep in mind FOG lights are really for others to see you.... You can't see through fog, with out IR or FLIR (advanced aircraft use this).

If the fog is that bad don't drive.

gmcjetpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2017, 06:32   #6
murphyslaw
Veteran Member

I'd like the rear fog. Just yesterday morning driving to town on the highway there was a lot of blowing snow. Didn't know I was coming up on the truck in front of me until I was about 20' from them. I'm sure the folks behind me were in a similar situation.

2014 JSW Sunroof/Nav non-DSG
murphyslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2017, 08:05   #7
gurunutkins

I'm with murphyslaw on the rear fog. I live in the PNW and travel to Boise twice a month. Have to go over snoqualmie pass in WA and deadmans pass in eastern OR (pendleton). both usually have crappy weather with blowing snow and dense fog in the valleys.
Before the VW I always had mercedes and they all came with rear fogs operational. I can see the difference in how close the drivers behind react between the 2 cars - they were getting a lot closer to the VW. At the moment I have a battery driven LED that clips into a holder stuck to my rear bumper but it means getting in and out to attach it and remove it a couple of time on the trip which is a real pain in the bottom and if I start running temporary wires I might as well do it properly.
Cheers
Barri