www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old November 3rd, 2017, 03:28   #16
Henrick
Veteran Member

So the dealer refused to reflash the ECU?
Is there any other dealer around?
Ask them to flash the newest one (priot to dieselgate, which is supposed to be 9972) for a fee. Shouldn't charge more than 1 hour labour. Tell them you are having problems with EGR cooler.

Again, I'd suggest adding thermostat and fresh coolant to your TB kit.

Probably the source is referring to intake flaps. Not sure which 1.6 engines had them - mine does not but mine is not BlueMotion. You might want to pop the hood and check the intake manifold if there's a motor bolted onto side of manifold.
Doubt it was ASV. These are spring loaded and they have hall sensor which indicates the flap position. If it would be not fully opening (or not fully closing), you'd get a CEL and a code for that.
Henrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2017, 03:52   #17
z3011

TDI(s): passat

the dealer was not very interested at all to be honest.. as usual i guess..
as for the SW, i dont beleive it would change much for my mpg. but would be nice to get rid of some bugs anyway, yes

As rumor say, it is possible for everyone to get older SW if create an user at ERWIN, get one VAS5054, download ODIS it should be possible to flash for yourself. i dhave not study details, as this is rather new to me.. but i understand, this is probably smth who will not work for very long..?

the kit included thermostat too btw

my car is abluemotion. unfortunately i dont have the car here today, so no chance look at it now.. as for the flap. yes its just a theory.. yes it should make a cell of anything. just thought maybe it was very clogged with soot.. but from experience, even allot of soot, doesent change mpg allot it seems..
z3011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2017, 02:08   #18
z3011

well.. not so much to update here. i only had this car for about a month, and in main, these are ok to drive and all i guess, but it feels rather cheap.. so probably will put it out for sale soon.

about the mpg "problem" i guess i just leave that to the new owner.. it is not terrible high, and for someone not very interestet in fuel economy, it should be ok. so guess wil leave to the new owner if upgrade sw or not too.

so most likely i will get one more B6 Passat with 1,9pd. very stabile engine in my opinion. give it new oil every 10000km, and it wil run "forever" also except maybe B8, the b6 is a very good loocking car i think

anyway thx for help and tips etc
Old November 29th, 2017, 07:06   #19
z3011

In case anyone else has same problem, the solution here seems was timing.. after change timing belt kit, it dropped down to should be normal.

the old belt looked just fine too, but maybe was just stretched a little?
not sure, but i think these engine have no need for timing, except lock crank, pump and camshaft togheter? rest is set by engine ecu?
also there is sensor on cam and crank, so i dont understand why there was no faultcodes..? only the pump maybe could be off a litt, but i thought thoose 3 folow eachother, so.. strangest thing..

anyway it is a little more fun to sell smth who work 100%, so im glad i took that job, before put it for sale.
Old November 29th, 2017, 13:56   #20
Henrick
Veteran Member

Doubt there exists a fault code for incorrect timing... At least PD engines allowed quite a big range for cam-to-crank timing. I have seen cars with Torsion value as low as -5.6 to as high as 4.0 or so... Such a wide range will vary between power and fuel economy a lot...

Did your crank, cam and fuel pump locking tools slide easily in when engine was set to TDC? Or was there a need to wiggle some component? If this was the case, then which component did not align properly before replacing the timing belt?

Also, what fuel economy does the car return after the TB service?

And one final question - was the water pump original one or was it replaced? The date marking should be somewhere on it... I guess if the dealer replaced the water pump (which is very prone to failure on this engine), there's a chance they screwed the timing.
Henrick is offline   Reply With Quote