All windows down with no power to them

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
If it the A5 Jetta in your signature, do not try to use a jumper or 12 volts from a battery. You could fry a controller. Best to figure out why the door controllers are not getting power. Check the wiring between the door and the "A" pillar for frayed/broken wires.

Alternately you can remove the motor/controller from each door and close the windows manually.

Last edited:

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
No, it's the B4. The windows go up by turning the passenger side key, but not down. The drivers side key does nothing but lock the car. Inside the car the windows will go down, but not up with each window switch. Time to retire this thing as a daily driver. I can get a new GTI Sport for 23K. Thanks for responding.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Oh, O.K. then you could probably jumper power to each window motor from the drivers switch. What are the wire colors? IDK but there should be one up and one down wire for each window because ground would be at the motors.

Just a guess without a wiring diagram. A 97 would not digital controllers to worry about destroying.

vanbcguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'93 Passat - AHU mTDI with GTB1756VK
Actually the B4 has an electronic window controller directly integrated in to each window motor. It's very much an electronic system. If it were a B3 you'd be able to just jumper power and have it do its thing but not so on the newer vehicles. You can simulate the input (the window switches) though.

That said I don't see all 4 modules failing at once. It's much more likely to be something in the wiring harness...

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk