www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old September 21st, 2012, 11:44   #31
maxedtdi
Veteran Member

so utterly retarded
Old September 21st, 2012, 12:56   #32
Graham Line
Veteran Member

Maybe useless in Kali, but people with snow or in areas with a lot of graveled and graded dirt roads can use another inch or so of clearance.
Graham Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 09:53   #33
JungleDeath
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Pretty Damn Good

Quote:
so utterly retarded
If you can't answer the op question, then don't post. See below (or above). It really ads no value to the thread. That's why this place is more enjoyable than VW Vortex.

Quote:
Maybe useless in Kali, but people with snow or in areas with a lot of graveled and graded dirt roads can use another inch or so of clearance.
and mountainous areas have rocks in the road....truck retreads....lower back issues...frost heaves in the north-east....blah blah.

And some roads in California absolutely suck. Every state has this issue. It's totally normal to want some more clearance for piece of mind. Some lowered cars look totally bad ass (read: Toeball, Nikshub, et al). But it's not for everybody.

The cost of a small lift versus buying a new vehicle is easy math. Which is why I don't own a sub-20mpg Mall-Rated Jeep. Or a Tiguan.

Uh, back on topic.
If an A6 is lifted, will it screw with traction controls? Metalnerd would not sell to 2003 and up A4 owners for fear of traction controls (ASR) being triggered prematurely, usually in a turn.

Will an A6 experience this is the question.

A friend of mine just inherited a machine shop (garage type, not full blown business) and I think I and going to ask him to help me w/ a 1" lift (just spacers) and see what happens.

Also, people are probably getting rid of Tig springs on Vortex. You need to find non-sport, not 4motion. Just front wheel drive.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 18:34   #34
emus528
Veteran Member

TDI(s): See sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleDeath View Post
Also, people are probably getting rid of Tig springs on Vortex. You need to find non-sport, not 4motion. Just front wheel drive.
So is this a CONFIRMED solution?
speed from AA Transaxle.
emus528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 18:00   #35
JungleDeath
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Pretty Damn Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by emus528 View Post
So is this a CONFIRMED solution?
No. Somebody with ETKA should chime in. I am only willing to do spacers at the moment. Just need to find time to get the right measurements.

Tiggy ang MK6 Jetta/Golf share parts b/c of similar platform dimensions.
Old September 28th, 2012, 19:03   #36
emus528
Veteran Member

TDI(s): See sig

Keep me posted. Ain't too proud to not follow your lead.
speed from AA Transaxle.
emus528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 11:29   #37
gmcjetpilot
Veteran Member

This is my other TDI JSW, I call her "Diesel-Zilla".

Last edited by gmcjetpilot; October 4th, 2012 at 11:32.
gmcjetpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 13:51   #38
P0234
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 11 JSW

^^^want...

Now if VWoA would get their heads out of their tails and produce an All-road TDI Sportwagen, I'd be ordering it as soon as it came out.
P0234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 07:14   #39
BioDieselLover

Hey I love the idea of a AWD Jetta TDI.
Like the monster SportsWagen, that would be the Mudder of all JSW's.

All right folks, been doing some hunting but the budget is weak but for those who want to forge ahead and show us how.
Came across this please take a look and enlighten the rest of us while lifting your vehicle.
One question looms is the sports wagon of the same suspension design as the jetta?
The info I put in for the selection was Jetta as they did not have a sportswagon as an option.
http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/201...spension-Kits/

Last edited by BioDieselLover; October 5th, 2012 at 07:34.
BioDieselLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 15:06   #40
hardtimes

TDI(s): 2014 Q5
Fuel Economy: Not bad
Default subscribed!

I was loosely considering this, then after bottoming out my car numerous times at a remote camping and backing area I frequent I decided I must. I'll be watching to see what people come up with . I'm not sure I'm adventurous enough to be the first to try considering I have no knowledge of suspension except the basics of how they work.

+1 on the AWD sportwagen!
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 18:23   #41
Dadskier

TDI(s): 2013 JSW 6M

haha, I don't even have my Sportwagon yet and I was wondering if this is possible. I'm coming from an Outback and drive a lot into snowstorms to go skiing. I was thinking it would be nice to have a little more clearance.
Dadskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2012, 23:14   #42
Flexlarson

I was thinking coilovers might work i put a jeep tj factory spacer under my rear coils and added airbags to keep rear from squating with bike rack and gear. Id like to lift it three inches. I to came from an outback and think clearance on stock jsw is way to low. My option raised it up over an inch in rear. What about adjudtable sus like vw toureg has.

Last edited by Flexlarson; October 27th, 2012 at 23:16.
Flexlarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 10:48   #43
Dadskier

TDI(s): 2013 JSW 6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexlarson View Post
I to came from an outback and think clearance on stock jsw is way to low.
It's too bad Subaru is holding off getting that diesel engine over here. I'd go back to them if it ever makes it to the US.
Dadskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2012, 15:49   #44
Jason4

TDI(s): 2012 Golf
Fuel Economy: Around 40

I'm working on getting a set of Tiguan springs and I'll give them a try in the spring when I'm getting back onto logging roads. I expect that I'll find the stock shocks to be limited in maximum extension and I'll have to look at whether Tig shocks will fit.

And yes, I know, I should have bought a Tiguan...and VW should have sold a Tiguan TDI.
Jason4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 14:58   #45
trevorc

Fuel Economy: none yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dslman View Post
I know there are Tiguan owners who swapped in Jetta HR Springs to lower their Tiguans.

I was thinking OK, that will work the other way too, I could put Tiguan springs on my Golf, however after looking closer, I think it would lift it TOO much, if it even worked at all.

The weight is not really a big deal as a 4 Door GOLF TDI only weighs about 379 lbs less than a 2WD Tiguan with a Petrol Motor.

I like what this guy did:

... But I don't want to go to this extent, although I REALLY Love this! Especially on the rough roads I drive, this would be awesome. Any lowered car would be demolished trying to drive on these roads.

Maybe I should just build a buggy & put a TDI engine in it.
Is there a website or URL to go with this photo ?
trevorc is offline   Reply With Quote