www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old January 26th, 2012, 23:56   #16
Kite_rider

TDI(s): 2010 JSW

I'm looking for a lift too. Probably not 2" though. I had put in the Firestone Ride Rite bags, they didn't lift it at all, but they did help the sagging rear end - till one stoped functioning.

I just lifted my Eurovan and it was easier than I expected. Put a nylon pad between my rear coil spring and the upper frame. The front was easy since it had torsion bars. Not the same for the Sportwagen. Anyway, please do update us on your progress.
Old February 10th, 2012, 05:24   #17
dslman
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 59.96/42/37 US miles per US gallon
Default Any Luck on a Lift kit?

I'm wanting a LIFT too, (2012 Golf) The car is too low. I would GLADLY have paid for a tiguan instead of a Golf, but ALAS, NO DIESEL!

I almost bought a Touareg, but after test driving one, it felt & looked EXACTLY like the Golf, (only bigger & heavier) It rode better too, but for $60 grand I can buy 2 Golfs, just not worth it.

I don't know what is the deal with all these lowered cars, I think lowered looks like crap, and worse I see people lowering their Tiguans? What's with that? It's suppose to be a truck, not a slot car.

Anyways, any luck on a solution?

I wish my suspension was softer riding too, my 2000 Golf rides 1000 times better than the 2012.

Too low and too stiff.

I want my 2012 TDI to ride like my 2000 TDI & at least 1" higher.
dslman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 09:21   #18
GraniteRooster
Veteran Member

TDI(s): '12 JSW 6MT
Fuel Economy: 41 Winter | 45 Summer

It seems to me that a logical way to do a JSW or Golf lift would be to use OEM springs from a foreign market with higher cars. For example, I believe in Canada and Brazil Golfs have a higher ride height and smaller wheels to deal with worse roads. (Examples: Golf Brazil, Jetta Variant Brazil)

I wonder if JSW's or Jetta's are available with higher ride height as well? It seems like somewhere there ought to be OEM VW springs with correct height and spring rate for the JSW. Perhaps a member here who is a suspension and VW parts number wizard can supply P/N's

Combine with slightly larger tires & OEM suspension limiters to make JSW Alltrack!!

Last edited by GraniteRooster; February 10th, 2012 at 09:44.
GraniteRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 11:57   #19
ToeBall
Veteran Member

Don't need a lift. Mine's lowered and on oversize tires.

CRW_5652 by Toe_Ball, on Flickr

2010 VW JSW TDI "Barley", 6-speed manual, Blue Graphite - 255/40's on 18x8's, Sigma6, B&M Shifter, Malone Stage 2, Koni coilovers w/H&R springs, 28mm front/27mm rear swaybars, GTD Grill, 900W stereo, PDE downpipe, Banks exhaust, APR intake, Votex kit.
ToeBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 17:50   #20
dslman
Veteran Member

Default Tiguan Springs

I know there are Tiguan owners who swapped in Jetta HR Springs to lower their Tiguans.

I was thinking OK, that will work the other way too, I could put Tiguan springs on my Golf, however after looking closer, I think it would lift it TOO much, if it even worked at all.

The weight is not really a big deal as a 4 Door GOLF TDI only weighs about 379 lbs less than a 2WD Tiguan with a Petrol Motor.

I like what this guy did:

... But I don't want to go to this extent, although I REALLY Love this! Especially on the rough roads I drive, this would be awesome. Any lowered car would be demolished trying to drive on these roads.

Maybe I should just build a buggy & put a TDI engine in it.
Old February 10th, 2012, 17:53   #21
dslman
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeBall View Post
Don't need a lift. Mine's lowered and on oversize tires.

CRW_5652 by Toe_Ball, on Flickr
This is a Beautiful wagon, but I would not want to drive this on the rough roads I use, it would demolish it.
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:42   #22
GraniteRooster
Veteran Member

TDI(s): '12 JSW 6MT
Fuel Economy: 41 Winter | 45 Summer

For the previous generation Jetta Wagon VW made Towing Package Springs that raised ride height about 3/4". There is a thread on fitment here, and IDParts sells them here. I wonder if a similar item is available for the new JSW aka Golf Estate, Variant, etc?

GraniteRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 11:17   #23
dslman
Veteran Member

Default Lifted Mk6

Can anyone here tell me the best or easiest way I can determine what my 2012 Golf TDI stock OEM Spring Part numbers are?

I'm going to have Coil Spring Specialties make me custom coil springs with 1.5" to 2" of lift and 20% softer ride quality.

Iíll find a way to disable or trick ESC if it interferes, there has to be a way.

I sold the stock 225/45/17 wheels & tires, replaced with 195/65/15 Michelin Primacy MXV4 but to my surprise, it didnít help ride quality much. Steering became
a whole lot easier, & MPG went up, and... although ride quality may be slightly better, it's still way way too stiff, and I donít like the stock lowered looking sport suspension & I just can't stand it. Way too low too, it scrapes on even slightly uneven roads or driveways.

I always wanted to lift My stock 2000 Golf TDI which completely stock is already higher than the 2012, & it Rides like a Buick in comparison, which I always loved.
Old July 17th, 2012, 18:53   #24
wfg97079
Veteran Member

Default miss mine

Miss my 03 Golf with the 2" lift. Would love to lift my JSW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugality View Post
This was my 2000 Golf with a 2" lift and stock tires:

wfg97079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2012, 18:55   #25
wfg97079
Veteran Member

Default nice

I think the 2" lift made for a great snowrunner up here in the northeast too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslman View Post
I know there are Tiguan owners who swapped in Jetta HR Springs to lower their Tiguans.

I was thinking OK, that will work the other way too, I could put Tiguan springs on my Golf, however after looking closer, I think it would lift it TOO much, if it even worked at all.

The weight is not really a big deal as a 4 Door GOLF TDI only weighs about 379 lbs less than a 2WD Tiguan with a Petrol Motor.

I like what this guy did:

... But I don't want to go to this extent, although I REALLY Love this! Especially on the rough roads I drive, this would be awesome. Any lowered car would be demolished trying to drive on these roads.

Maybe I should just build a buggy & put a TDI engine in it.
wfg97079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2012, 04:50   #26
ToeBall
Veteran Member

You may want to consider doing a good set of coilovers. I'm not talking about drop coilovers but a proper rally car suspension.

2010 VW JSW TDI "Barley", 6-speed manual, Blue Graphite - 255/40's on 18x8's, Sigma6, B&M Shifter, Malone Stage 2, Koni coilovers w/H&R springs, 28mm front/27mm rear swaybars, GTD Grill, 900W stereo, PDE downpipe, Banks exhaust, APR intake, Votex kit.

Last edited by ToeBall; July 20th, 2012 at 12:03.
ToeBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 08:03   #27
Jon_Mutiger
Veteran Member

Any word on how this is progressing? I like the idea of a taller car as well for the backroads I drive it would be quite handy.

Jon
Old September 15th, 2012, 17:34   #28
Jon_Mutiger
Veteran Member

I was just wondering what is actually needed to convert a golf to a tiguan height wise..

I would imagine:

Front:

New lower control arms, longer struts, longer Front axles, perhaps a different brake/hub assembly

Rear:
Longer lower control arm, longer link arms, different upright/hub/brake

Anyone got a real list of stuff required to do this? I would actually seriously consider doing this to my golf, but I would make it look more car and less SUV.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfg97079 View Post
I think the 2" lift made for a great snowrunner up here in the northeast too.
Old September 16th, 2012, 15:32   #29
emus528
Veteran Member

TDI(s): See sig

I'm looking to raise my 2013 4dr Golf as well. There are quite few different TIG springs listed in ETKA. It would be nice if that is all it requires but we would still need to sort the different springs' rates I suppose.
speed from AA Transaxle.
emus528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 23:23   #30
Jon_Mutiger
Veteran Member

Now that I've been towing with my golf a bit, the Curt hitch simply is too low. I need to get the rear of the car, and soon. Can someone chime in on what springs will fit this car, and raise it up? I think the tiguan springs will work, but the angles of the suspension will probably get messed up. I plan on putting Bilstein HD's in, and some heavier springs. The shorter dampers will limit travel, and the heavier springs will probably top out the dampers almost all of the time. It might be a bad combo for handling.