I need a 250+ wheel HP turbo

TooMuchBoost

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Do you have something that will work for me that will bolt up easily to my 2.0 PD?

If so lets talk here or via PM!

I was ready yeasterday to show Kerma these 250 WHP nozzles aren't enough and the UFO's are the only solution.:D

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Which turbo where you going for before this sudden change of direction was it the vnt20 , and now someone has may be given you a little bit of info claiming the not up to it!!!

bencarr23

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2013 white
there is a gt25v going on ebay soon i think the 22's can push more than 250 one guy in europe has a hybrid 20 and has 220 hp. the 22 can push more so.......... its up to you. the race is on may the most crazy win. hey maybe once we make these monsters we can race. hey did jeff say he could make the program to delete the vane pos sensor??? what about the egr? we are going to need it bc of the custome manifold's.

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
bencarr23 said:
there is a gt25v going on ebay soon i think the 22's can push more than 250 one guy in europe has a hybrid 20 and has 220 hp. .
Is that me, one is referring to? :D

And thats with the boost turned DOWN from what the VNT20 can push. ;)

Golf_GTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
I think a 20 could push 235-240 and the 22 should be able to get 250 don't you think?

One thing that I would also point out is that HP is not what always wins. The better the rally car gets the more we understand that its the details that make a car great. I'm not sure we are honestly great but we finish races and score points and are now putting up times that are spot on with the rest of G5. When you understand that we are in many ways little more than a production car with a big turbo and FMIC thats pretty darn cool.

In short make all the power you want but understand that it can cause as many problems as it fixes. Take your time and make sure all the bits work together well and you'll be happier in the end for it.

bencarr23

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2013 white
devonutopia said:
Is that me, one is referring to? :D

And thats with the boost turned DOWN from what the VNT20 can push. ;)

yep thats you. your pushing how much boost??? like 26 27 psi?? i want to push 28 psi with the 22 for now. until i get head bolts and new internals. which i will get . but the 22 can push well over 30 psi and still push it cool. if i can get the 22 instaled when i go on leave ill post everything spool rpms hp and track times. i guess ill run it with an engine light on bc of the blocked off egr and the discon sensor. im actually going to remove the egr cooler to make room. hey toomuch id do it if i were home but would you discon the sensor from the turbo and see if everything works>..

JungleDeath

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Golf_11 JSW
bencarr23 said:
hey maybe once we make these monsters we can race. hey did jeff say he could make the program to delete the vane pos sensor???.....
There is no vane position sensor on the 2.0 PD in the Passat.

TooMuchBoost

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
bencarr23 said:
there is a gt25v going on ebay soon i think the 22's can push more than 250 one guy in europe has a hybrid 20 and has 220 hp. the 22 can push more so.......... its up to you. the race is on may the most crazy win. hey maybe once we make these monsters we can race. hey did jeff say he could make the program to delete the vane pos sensor??? what about the egr? we are going to need it bc of the custome manifold's.
How would a GT25V fit?

How would a GT25V light?

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Yeh but he's only using 1.75bar about 26psi. and i think Rui reported this also and what i was told by someone even with the turbo i'm using seems to hold true with figures of 26/28psi sustained , most all of the turbo's which we use on our tdi's can't and won't sustain much over 28psi which alot of its to do with the actuator.

Last edited:

bencarr23

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2013 white
well that is fine i only want 28 psi . but i just cant wrap my mind around what your saying. ive pushed 26 psi sustained with the hp39 i have now. your telling me that this huge turbo i just bought wont push but 2 psi beyond that. ill have to see it to believe it
but if its tru i wont have to mess with it much bc 28 is my magic #

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
I'm 100% it won't be doing it anyway b4 3000rpm unless you can retro fit a bunsen burner under it , Simons using the hx35 but he's got a 16v is the 39 bigger than this.

bencarr23

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2013 white
nope the 39 is just about the smallest turbo i have seen. mike was in the car and i was showing him how hi my boost would creep and i wanted to see how hi it would go . well it did 26 then stayed there for about 2 really fast miles then i backed off. but i didnt push it that ahrd again but 24 was about what i ran till somehow i fixed it now i dont get the creep but i want the boost back. it got 22-23 b4 2400 then went up till about 3000-3300 then stayed there.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Sorry this is on the pd 100's is it not , what is your steady state boost now and what has jeff said or anyone else for that matter on the limits of this turbo not knowing anything about it myself .

If its as small as you report in line with a vnt15 i would expect it to be well off the efficiency map if you tried for 28psi , which is why its been backed off some.....you say.

Last edited:

bencarr23

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2013 white
yea its smaller then the 15. i get 21 psi now. no creep. what rc3 is supose to get so im fine thats why i got the gt22v . its well within its efficiency map at 28psi . and yes the pd100. there are still people pushing 25 psi with it .

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
Yeah - my VNT2 is only set to 1.8bar - but it regularly flies past 2 bar on brisk work. ;)

Damn Allards just emailed me back with a price for their VT4, with me exchanging my current VT2 - £550+vat and £250 odd for the manifold. Seems quite a bit but he told me with the injectors it will be good for 260+. Apparently the VT5 and up is still a lit experimental and it wasn't recommended for me. :)

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
mojogoes said:
So Devon i make that another £2000 with the injectors.
Yup. :(

I hear Alan Sugar is looking for Apprentices. Gonna send my CV off to him. ;) Then I might be able to afford it.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Here! Devon you must be mad doing those kinds of speeds on those narrow A roads , i driven on them and if they haven't cut the hedges your looky if one car fit down thum.

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
But when you learn to drive, and then drive on those roads all the time you learn the width of your car, and also how deep you can brush the hedges with the nearside mirror. ;)

I was never speeding in any of those vids, assuming you've found them from the exhaust thread? :D