Bentley manual for ahu

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Register at erwin.vw.com

Pay $35 for 24 hour's worth of access, download any and every bit of information you can in that time frame. It is exactly where Bentley Publishers get their information and reprint it almost verbatim. It's maybe a bit more organized and easier to find at first using the Bentley manual, but for $35 you can get a lot more than just one model's repair information, and they're searchable PDFs, table of contents are linked, there are various links throughout the PDFs that takes you to the pertinent page. Some of the wiring diagrams even have continuation tracks clickable and they take you right to the correct page...

All in all, not bad. Mk3 and B4 stuff are about as far back as the online repair information goes. Anything older, you're on your own.

DroptopBeetle

TDI
2013 Beetle Convertible with DSG Moonrock silver, black top, black leather interior
Thanks Matt!

I paid the $35 for a day pass and downloaded all the pertinent wiring, service and repair info I've been searching for.

The dealer wanted about $300 for a service manual.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Check on VWVortex too, there are used Mk3 manuals floating around for reasonable money. I would expect to pay around $40 +/- for one, just make sure it covers the AHU engine, anything published before 97 won't cover that.

The best one will cover up to and including the early 1999 cars.

Steve

shoebear

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon, 2005 New Beetle, 2013 Sportwagen
I've found some locally on craigslist as well, if you're not in a hurry. Set up a search and have it e-mail you when one comes up. Note that the owners often don't use "Bentley" in the ads. I bought my MK3 manual that way for $20.