2012 A3 tires

motog

TDI
audi A3
Can anyone shed any light on tires for my"12 A3 TDI. This will be my first change of tires(bought the car used last year) and am looking for that good balance between decent tread life and good performance. Thanks for the help

skramer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE 6MT
Can anyone shed any light on tires for my"12 A3 TDI. This will be my first change of tires(bought the car used last year) and am looking for that good balance between decent tread life and good performance. Thanks for the help
So many options are available

I went with Bridgestone Potenza RE97a/s...Because I have a TDI, I as well wanted a tire that would deliver reduced rolling resistance, along with the performance. I would go with these again compared to my experience with some other brands, I was going to put the RE760's on here, it has been my go to tire for years based on performance/value...but as mentioned wanted to try a LRR setup

Tirerack has some good reviews and test results

Last edited:

langer

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 a3 & '07 gasser gti
I went with Pirelli P7s based solely on tirerack reviews. Stock tires were nearly toast at 35k until a sidewall bubble forced me to replace them.

motog

TDI
audi A3
thanks for the recommendations. I have Conti's on now and I believe those were the original rubber. I am partial to Pirelli's as that is what I have on my motorcycles and they are extremely grippy but my concern would be longevity. Langer, do you have many miles on them yet?

rotts4u

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Did you try the search function for TIRES? There have been a lot of threads about this in the past with lots of good info there.

motog

TDI
audi A3
just a quick check on the search and not many threads on the Audi. I will have to check on specs and see which VW's share the 17" tire and platform I guess.

langer

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 a3 & '07 gasser gti
Only have maybe 10k on pirelli's so far. Treadwear from reviews seems good, one of main reasons I went with them.