1-1-2016 Ho5G GTG

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Once again we are hosting the very first GTG of the new year on New Year's Day, 1/1/2016!
Festivities will start @ 9am-ish and go to 10pm-ish on 1-1-2016.
HO5G rules apply remember if you feel the need to fill the towns coffers with your hard earned cash do so at your own risk by driving DUI or speeding. The chief of police lives 3 doors up from the HO5G and he will be glad to accept your contributions.
A few notes about our GTG format:
#1 – ALL newbie’s:
By newbie’s I mean all of you that we don’t know. Just because you've been here doesn't necessarily mean we know you! You need to ‘check in’ with us and get a name tag. This is our home and we would like to know who’s here!
#2 – Food & beverages: It's not fair to expect the same people to provide the bulk of the food!
Bring items we all share. We provide propane and grill.
#3 – Work
Garage space as always is first come, first served there is a lift list. Big jobs need to be cleared by us first. As always – NO timing belts unless done by a pre-approved (i.e. mrchill, HermTDI) or a veteran approved club member. Those arrangements MUST be made in advance with us & the person doing the work.
Bring the TOOLS and FLUIDS that you'll need for the job! We have a brake bleeder and oil extractor available. Bring containers for your fluids! (We have a relatively shallow well for water so fluid spills are unacceptable.)
ALL WORK IS TO BE COMPLETED BY 10pm
We enjoy opening our home and warm garages to you...all we ask for is a little courtesy and respect in return. As my sign says: BE NICE OR GO AWAY!
Now back to our regularly scheduled GTG - bring your tools, to do lists and a little something to share food/drinkwise!
Bring food, bring drink, bring tools and bring good weather!
The garage will be warm and the lift ready - clear all lift jobs w/ PeterV!
Hope to see you there (I mean here!)
PeterV & Hamsterdiesel
PS - Stay tuned to this post #1 for updated info!
Update #1 I will post addy just before the GTG .... there are BOTS out there that look for info...
1. asterix tbelt
/COLOR][/COLOR]

We are at ""25""moulton% dr%%eastHampstead##NH#zerothree8twentysix~~~

Last edited:

tommyt

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 white Jetta TDI 5 spd M, 9
Thank you Peter & Julie for once again helping us get the year off to a good start!

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
I definitely didn't because when I read Lug_Nut's comment, I thought "Do they make the Matrix in any color other than silver?" I am a total movie bimbo, I admit it.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Still over my head-no clue what the reference is to:eek:.....if I do attend,I may pack the back w/my TDI parts collection and see if anyone wants to make some offers-most of it's from Peter anyways:eek:,still in wrappers......

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I have to work that day but will try to get down for a few hours, provided I'm over this sickness by then. It's going on 3 weeks but I can't seem to shake it. And yes, I have been to the doctor's, I come home to her every night.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
I have two requests for tools to use for diagnostic purposes

1) Radio removal tools for a double DIN (late MarkIV and B5.5 Passat type) radio.
My Phat box occasionally loses left front speaker. AM,FM,cassette, in-head CD don't. If I press on the radio face the left front returns to use. Pretty sure that implies the cable from the trunk to the head unit isn't secured. I'd like to check it out.

2) A working VDS-Pro set-up.
I'm so far unable to get mine to connect and communicate. I'd like to compare using your laptop, cable, settings values and such and possibly swapping my items in one-by-one to see if I have a defective cable or something that is preventing me from using my set-up.

If you have tools to use please let me know by post here or by PM at my e-mail link in the screen name to the left.

Last edited:

Campbellonh

Veteran Member
TDI
formerly:Passat, 96, white and 10 Jetta, white gold
I am hoping to be there too, with B4. I have an assortment of radio removal tools, I am not sure exactly which one might help but I'll bring them along. Although it looks like Jason will probably bring what you need. I can bring my VCDS and laptop but it is not a pro setup.

Last edited:

Asterix

TDI
Y2K Jetta crashed/reborn 2004 Jetta GLI , 2004 Passat pd BHW, diy tb & cam on BHW
Hello Peter, Sounds great to kick off the New Year. I am hoping to bring my Saab gasser to TDI conversion project. Look forward to everyone there.

Asterix

SMUG SLUG

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 Sportwagen, 03 Jetta Wagon

1) Radio removal tools for a double DIN (late MarkIV and B5.5 Passat type) radio.
My Phat box occasionally loses left front speaker. AM,FM,cassette, in-head CD don't. If I press on the radio face the left front returns to use. Pretty sure that implies the cable from the trunk to the head unit isn't secured. I'd like to check it out.
They can be had for very cheap on eBay. I just bought 4 for under $10 shipped I believe.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
They can be had for very cheap on eBay. I just bought 4 for under $10 shipped I believe.
I'm aware. After x number of years of VW ownership I haven't needed/wanted a set until now. I generally don't buy tools until I've needed/wanted them at least twice (transmission jack, strut compressor, injector puller, wheel bearing press, rear brake screw press, etc.). Following that historical precedence of tool purchase I'll get a set for myself next time.
If there ever is a 'next time' for radio removal.

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
Great news!!

Hopefully I can venture up there.

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
I've already ordered the ginger ale.

Looking forward to actually making it this year!

Cooper

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW (traded in 5/2015)
Can you post a picture of what you are looking for? I have four of the 3344 radio removal tool. I'm in Marlborough.

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Party Poopers and Ginger Ale - woohoo!

(Do we need a separate food thread this year?)

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
I have some beautiful Monster Mats for an A4 Golf, as well as the original carpet mats that I never used. Would anyone be interested in them?

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.

2) A working VDS-Pro set-up.
I'm so far unable to get mine to connect and communicate. I'd like to compare using your laptop, cable, settings values and such and possibly swapping my items in one-by-one to see if I have a defective cable or something that is preventing me from using my set-up.

If you have tools to use please let me know by post here or by PM at my e-mail link in the screen name to the left.
You're still running a Phatbox??

There is a chance that I may by able to attend this HO5G. I don't know which vehicle I will be driving, as I plan to buy myself a nice Christmas present in the next few days.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Party Poopers and Ginger Ale - woohoo!

(Do we need a separate food thread this year?)
A separate food thread might be a good idea unless you just want to do a running list in the first post or something. :)