Utah area GTG

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf MT indigo blue pearl 4 dr & '15 Touareg TDI
Now that the weather is getting warmer (well not today!), we need to have another GTG. What does everyone else think?

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
You KNOW I'm in, anytime, anywhere!

Still some skiing to do... (Hint, hint)

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf MT indigo blue pearl 4 dr & '15 Touareg TDI
I am at Mike's house and he says that he needs some PP520s when we have the next GTG! Kevin needs some PP520s too. He is severly underfueled with the VNT17, RC3, and stock nozzles with 170K miles. He will be in for a good time!!! I just need to adjust my actuator rod. Pretty simple really. This coming weekend is Easter, Mike, Kevin and I are out of town on the 21st and my wife has something going on on the 28th so May is the first time I can GTG. I am thinking the first weekend in May would be good. How does that sound?

As for skiing I think Brighton closed down night skiing on the 1st. I might be pushing my luck with skiing right now but I will let Kevin know about it.
Matt

alpine_climb

TDI
2002, jetta, blue
I may not be the best to answer your question. Because I have yet to get to one my self. But I know they like to get together and work on their TDIs. At a GTG they can help fix just about anything you may need help with. I think they like to hold them satudays. I will try to get to one soon just to meet local tdi owners and share knowledge about our cars.
Later Karl

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
NO more night skiing? I'm going to be sad. :( :(

dunlin182

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta/2000/black
i'm in

i always have things i want to fix, or work on, so if i don't have to go to work, then i am in! When and where is this going to happen?
Dave

ocnorb

TDI
2003 Jetta grey
I am new to the forum... but I am in Utah. I would be interested in GTG. I live in Millcreek. I have an '03 Jetta. We bought it brand new after many visits to this site convinced me it was the right choice. 60,000 miles later I am very happy with the choice, but I think the car needs some attention. The check engine light came on a few weeks ago, and I am ordering a VAGCOM this week. From what I have read here, I am probably due to clean the intake and do the EGR mod. Might be nice to have some experienced TDI'ers around when I do it.:)

c5loadmaster

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Reflex Silver
Greetings from a loadmaster

Hi all,

I'm currently in So Cal but since I retired from the USAF we are looking to move to either St Geo or Bloomington. I went to the "Y" and had my VW serviced at Peterson VW or VW Intermountain, both of which are no longer in the dealers guide. I also remembered a dealer in Cedar City which is no longer so I guess we would be taking the cars to Las Vegas for service. VW has pretty much be my marque car since my first Beetle, a '65 Bahama Blue w/sunroof for $1,900 new. Times have certainly changed but I have never had a lemon nor a bad dealer experience. My wife wasts a B6 TDI station wagon, but that will need to wait.
Hope to meet up with you all when we relocate. Does any body use Biodiesel?
Take care and don't forget to "SOOT" the gassers, LOL

Robert

SLCtdi

TDI
2004 Jetta Platinum Gray
Biodiesel

c5loadmaster said:
Does any body use Biodiesel?
I am also interested to know if anyone in the SL area uses biodiesel or if you know of a place to purchase it. With fuel prices going up and up ($3.19 today at a station by my house) I may as well use bio and be a little more environmentally friendly and possibly save a little money at the same time.

albion

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
Dal Soglio for BD

I have been filling up at Dal Soglio Oil (7398 South 700 West). They have B20 that is actually cheaper than regular diesel with the federal tax credit:). Right now they have it in an above-ground tank in their garage, so you have to get it during regular business hours (6am-6pm IIRC). But they have plans to put it in an underground tank for 24hr access. They even power their own fleet vehicles with it.

X_Railroader

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Oregon Trip

I'll be going right by again come June 16th or so.

If a GTG materializes around that time would stop by for sure:)

Will be returning Jul4th ish

ote=MTB_TDI]Now that the weather is getting warmer (well not today!), we need to have another GTG. What does everyone else think?[/quote]