Remote Keyless Entry Not Working Right

Blue_Thunder

Veteran Member
Any ideas folks? My remote key thing does not unlock my passenger door, no matter how quickly I press it (click, click. I've tried it fast, slow, medium, two clicks, but the passenger door remains locked.

Any suggestions for me? Thanks!

TDI in Peekskill

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf, blue
<<Solenoid? Please explain. Thanks!>>

the solenoid is a motorized latch. the key sends out a signal which is recieved and transmitted to the individual solenoid motors at each door. the motor activates the latch. if the solenoid is "jammed" or not working electrically the door won't open.

warrentee time--lucky you!!

TDI in Peekskill

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf, blue
if the solenoid works with the switch from the inside but not the keyless thingy then the code for the remote might be scrambled somehow. do you have a second remote key? you should have two. do they both not work? It may be that the unit that recieves the signal is not working...you gotta take it in.

TGOLF

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW Black/Cream, 2000 Golf silver/black
Help- Remote key locks don't work?
Mon Jul 05 2004 03:10 PM Edit Reply Quote

Has anyone had their remote key lock stop working?
I can NOT lock or unlock the car with the remote key.
I CAN lock / unlock manually with the key.

I have a 99.5 Golf. I've never see anything on this type failure on Fred's before and searched too.

I've changed out the batteries in the key, but that hasn't fixed the problem. I only have the one remote key (other one lost years ago)so don't have a back up to know if it is the remote or the car.

Hope one of you can help or have some clues I'm missing.

I have this same problem I'm looking for answers too.

Listed in the General Maintenance - A4 TDIs section.

Sorry I don 't know how to link to it.

supton

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta Wagon GLS
Last question first: sounds like the key is not in sync with the car, on the Immobilizer. I don't remember the procedure, and it might be different for a '99, but the manual should have it. Something like putting the key in the ignition, turning to run, pushing the button, etc.

As for the first question, if the remote works at all, I'd tend to think it was working fully. Not to insult your intelligence, but just how fast are you pushing it? I'm not sure how I do it in mine, but more often than not I have to do it twice, as the first time I just don't get the second click quite right.

Did it ever work? Never worked? Maybe it's something for the dealer to check out--there have been stranger electrical gremlins out there, and perhaps your's just has one of the weird ones.