injection pump question

02BoraTDI

TDI
2014 Jetta Wagon
Can the Quantitiy Adjuster be removed without removing the entire pump. I have all of the necessary tools including the metalnerd socket. How can i disconnect the wire from the front of the QA? Is it a plug or connected underneath to the inside?

02BoraTDI

TDI
2014 Jetta Wagon
im 99% sure it is bad. I have to have it tested to be sure, but really dont want to pay to have the whole pump removed if i dont have to.

02BoraTDI

TDI
2014 Jetta Wagon
JB05 said:
I found this thread, but don't know if it will help any. I could not pull up the pics. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=146953&highlight=removal+qa+adjuster

Thanks for the link. I got the QA loose except the wire that connects to the bottom of the pump. (ground wire???) I tried to use a mirror to see where and how it connects, but no luck. Does any one have a picture or instructions on its removal? Everything else will have to wait till i see if the QA is actually the problem.

jcrews

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All gone
It's for the advance solenoid. You'll have to pop the contacts out of the wire harness with a removal tool. I've been able to release them by inserting a bent up (think tiny foreceps) very small paperclip. Imagine the paperclip depressing barbs on each side of the contacts. Shove it in, and the wire should easily pull out of the back.

02BoraTDI

TDI
2014 Jetta Wagon
jcrews said:
It's for the advance solenoid. You'll have to pop the contacts out of the wire harness with a removal tool. I've been able to release them by inserting a bent up (think tiny foreceps) very small paperclip. Imagine the paperclip depressing barbs on each side of the contacts. Shove it in, and the wire should easily pull out of the back.

Ill give it a shot, thanks