Blown speaker

hillbily tdi

TDI
Jetta
Well to make a long story short, I gave my tdi to a family member for their road trip down south. I thought, sure no problem take the tdi, and I assumed that because they were family that they would not abuse it.*roll your eyes if you wish* Well I get in the car today and turn it on, I hear a faint crackling, upon further inspection, turning up the radio, I notice that they blew the speaker in the passenger door.

I don't want to take it to the stealer ship and have them replace the speaker, nor do I want to go after market, I just want to replace the one speaker for now. My question is that I have a monsoon system, and I would like to know if I can take the speakers from any jetta/golf and use them, or if I have to find speakers with a monsoon system (I plan on going to a large auto recyclers tomorrow and see if I can get a speaker for the car).

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
You need to find Monsoon speakers. Regular speakers are different wattage and connectors.

Flytofish

Veteran Member
TDI
None yet, but soon!
Yeah, and the problem is that you have to really do quite a bit of work to replace them. On my 03 that you see in my avatar, I put MB Quart aftermarket speakers in, and what a pain!!! You have to drill out four rivets just to get the speaker mount out. Of course, since I did aftermarket speakers, I had to fabricate new mounts. What a hassle... If you have a rivet gun, and the time, finding a good used speaker should be fairly easy...
Quick search on eBay found this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/OEM-Monsoon-Amp-Speakers-Tweeters-03-GTI-Golf-Jetta_W0QQitemZ140150674754QQihZ004QQcategoryZ18799QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem