Mk IV GOLF Fuel tank vent button MIA

PD Rig

Veteran Member
TDI
2004, 2015 Golf TDI
Vehicle 04 golf. Okay. So I went to Fill up today and my vent button in the filler neck is missing. Just the post is there. Is it worth me pulling the lift pump to retrieve the button? It looks like there is female thread left in the post where the button goes. I'm thinking I can just spin the button back in after applying some loc tite. Anyone have any experience with the button falling off. If I can't fix it I will probably leave the button in the tank and just get a new vent altogether. I prefer to keep the vent.

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Last edited:

~TDIguy~

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Sedan
Mine didn't ever have a button that I know of, just the black post with the female threads as you described. I finally pulled the vent a week or two ago that was the first I noticed it. I personally wouldn't worry about it, its not like you gonna get any dirt in the tank with it missing and the loose part will probably ride just fine down in the tank.... Maybe it even got pulled out with the fuel nozzle and isn't even in the tank! if you want to keep the vent id quicker go buy the parts you need for a couple bucks and change and save the hassle of pulling the pump. Just my .02$:)