Another video

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Short video you need to watch if your working on PD cams or injectors

My channel has bunches of vw related videos that I dont post here if they dont apply to tdi cars. Some non-vw content as well that you might enjoy.

Last edited:

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Thanks, again for the video. I now plan on watching your non-tdi videos as well. I've become hooked on u-tube auto or truck repair videos. Some very well equipped shops out there.

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Nothing to stop them from randomly spinning ?
they will not rotate when the bolt is tight.

Some constructive critical comments on the video have reported that there is something mentioned about setting the angle of the injector in the shop manual. This video was taken the first time we ever had the injector out at the same time as cam replacement so we didn't know this at the time. I learned something from those comments.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I agree with the extended cranking theory that will set a CSP code. This happened to me a couple of years ago on my BEW. IIRC, I was able to detect the DTC with my ultra gauge, but I do have a genuine ross-tech cable. The sensor cable had become brittle, and I disturbed the cable when I changed the t-stat. I let it go for a while, but the car was stalling periodically in traffic. A new sensor from idparts and no more stalling.
Good video, Richard.

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Thanks for the kind words.

Here is the newest one. 98 Jetta tdi. Edit! watch the 2nd video in the series as there was a diagnostic mistake in this one.

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Here we go again. Toaureg 3.0L v6 Tdi fuel filter change and prime procedure.

We did a carrier bearing on the drive shaft of one of these a few weeks ago. Another shop quoted them 2200 for whole replacement drive shaft and we saved them tons of money! I wanted to make a video on it but there are other videos on that on youtube and I didn't have any new info to add.

I have over 50 video's now. If you've watched, enjoyed, learned or found them helpful, clicking the like button, subscribing, commenting or asking a question on the video comments goes along way towards helping us continue doing this.

Last edited:

GEFP

Veteran Member
TDI
2- 2001 Jettas, 2 - 2002 Jettas (1 for parts) 2003 1.8t Jetta (parts) 2014 Jetta
This is one of the more informative threads that I have read. Thanks to all who have contributed!

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
This video is actually a follow up on a previous video. Kind of shows a stupid mistake (oversite) on my part. But here it is for the whole world to see.

Last edited:

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Would a torque/angle wrench work on a TDI crank bolt? I've seen them used on other videos, but they look very expensive. Thanks for sharing.

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Here is the next video. Since the last video showed an over site "mistake" I might as well publish this "mistake" as well. Even though I did a "goof" in the video I still published it because I took the time to film it and there is still good diagnostic information in it, that could definitely help someone with this code.

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Would a torque/angle wrench work on a TDI crank bolt? I've seen them used on other videos, but they look very expensive. Thanks for sharing.
yes it would, due to space restrictions you would probably have to do two 45 degree turns.

I don't have any torque wrenches with electronic torque/angle built in but I have a digital torque angle tool that attaches magnetically to the torque wrench. It probably would have been a better video and looked more hi-tech, if I would have used it.

Honestly I was just too lazy to walk over and get it. Especially since it was just one bolt. Torquing a head I would use the digital torque angle meter. Maybe I'll use it in another video someday.

For the average Diy'er "good careful estimation" of 90 degrees is fine. Thanks for watching.

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Priming injection pump and bleeding the injectors is a common repair procedure that you need to know how to do if you have a car with a injection pump.

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Since I've been publishing video's showing my mistakes here's another one. Wasted a bit of time (maybe because I was videoing and wanted to make a prime and bleed video). But diagnosis didn't take long.

This video has a tour of our parking lot. (see what cars were working on)

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Tomorrow a entertaining video will premier at 5 pm. Millennial Vs Boomer transmission remove race. See who's faster? Youth and vigor or Age and experience! I'll post the link here or just search coolairvw boomer vs millennial.

So MUCH fun! For your corona virus isolation enjoyment!

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
From the last post, there was a delay, as the video wouldn't upload. But I got the process started. It will instant premier as soon as upload is finished in the following link.

If the link doesn't work then it probably hasn't finished uploading yet.

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Ok, due to not being able to upload all day, (tried 32 times), and then a 4hour plus upload time once it did start uploading, I am resetting the premier to 6:30 saturday 3-28. See you there.

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
How did the piston get cracked?
His wife was driving it and doing too much HOT RODDIN! Just kiddin.

Sorry I just don't know. Customer did say they drove at 90 mph plus for two hours straight then the problem started. Car also has a stage 2 or more tune.

Last edited: