***The Driving Game*** - picture scavenger hunt v2

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
Holy crap it took me about 3 minutes to realize that truck was an actual toy lol.
I was thinking 'I hope this guy can still feed his kids after all that custom work.

NarfBLAST

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf 5MT
Holy crap it took me about 3 minutes to realize that truck was an actual toy lol.
I was thinking 'I hope this guy can still feed his kids after all that custom work.
Thanks! I must explain though, its not a toy. It is a hobby-grade, radio-controled, licensed-replica, 1/10th scale model of a 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor. I did it all the custom work to fit the body on to the chassis, tuck the bumpers up to the body, and I made the tonneau cover myself. I also built the chassis and drive-train from a kit (Traxxas TRX-4), blew the original brushed DC motor, and upgraded to brushless. It has a two speed transmission and remote locking front and rear axles. I bought all the parts brand new I probably have I total of $800 into it? I've put at least 80 hours of work into it over the course of six months including maintenance (tearing down and re-lubricating the portal axles takes a couple of hours, for instance). All of that is worth it for those moments of suspended disbelief that it is a not a full scale truck. Also the miniature wrenching is very satisfying in 1/10th scale because jobs take 1/100th the time and effort and cost 1/1000th the money.

Anyway... Next Challenge #1978: Your TDI with some mushrooms

Last edited: