The 300k mile club!

CrazyWJ242

Veteran Member
TDI
04 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI, 03 Beetle TDI
was flipping thru my phone and found this little gem...

that my friends is 300,000 MILES

and i was HERE!

cleaver

Veteran Member
TDI
None - did own '01 and '02 Jetta TDI
That doesn't count...you either have to have no yellow lights on the cluster, or a minimum of 4. I am sorry, you only have the three.:D

I love seeing all the mileage postings, it is interesting how some cars look new, and others, well, not so new.

ldgratetdi

TDI
None :(
Don't have a picture at the moment, but I have 308,000 on my 2001 Jetta TDI. All original except the Injection Pump, Clutch, and Alternator..... Still get 48-52MPG regularly!! :)

CrazyWJ242

Veteran Member
TDI
04 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI, 03 Beetle TDI
That doesn't count...you either have to have no yellow lights on the cluster, or a minimum of 4. I am sorry, you only have the three.:D
I will have you know i had drained it and refilled it with bugwash... so it was topped up, Dont care for ABS, Airbags kinda scare me, but have saved people... and well i have VCDS Lite... i know whats up lol

Tomorrow is going to be the first time in a while that im actually able to fill the tank... im anxious to see what the calculate MPG is... Fuelly is saying i should be averaging 59.7MPG, last time it was topped up was a 700km round trip to Fredericton NB and back, was calculated 48.6MPG... and i was by no means taking my time, or hypermiling lol... true testament to the car... (that i paid $700 for!)

Last edited:

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
I'm in!

I NEVER would have made it without TDIclub. I have learned an awful lot and picked up a very rewarding hobby.

Okay, Narf, I'll bite... What does the emblem on your steering wheel refer to?

NarfBLAST

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf 5MT
Okay, Narf, I'll bite... What does the emblem on your steering wheel refer to?
You've never heard of the race of machines from another planet that disguise themselves as common vehicles and transform into robots?

Some people believe that Mary, Jesus, or St. Christopher will protect them in their travels.

I believe all of my vehicles can transform into Autobots that are sworn to protect human kind from the Decipticons.

Last edited:

intern1961

TDI
2002 jetta & 2012 golf
at 3850000 on odemeter and still ticking and still getting about 800 km to a tank \
tranny passed away at 377000
had a good run for a auto :)

TDIMK4GUY

TDI
02 reflex silver golf
ok so I hit 321,000 today I'd post a pic if I knew how but im not techy enough lol Im a courier and use this car for work but I've done a ton of driving for my own personal pleasure. Most memoriable trip was a week long vacation where I put 3,000 miles on the car in one week driving from Central Ca to Seattle Wa then to Boise ID then on up into Canada and then back the same way lol so far I've replaced the clutch with a upgraded 1.8t setup, the turbo with a new VNT17 and a new injector pump. Special thanks to Fixumrich.. @ Fixumhaus... my guru of choice in Portland OR

TDI Jim

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, 1996 Passat Variant (RIP), 2002 Jetta Wagon, 1995 Passat Variant TDI conversion brought back from the dead, 1997 Passat Variant project, and returned 2014 Passat
326,000 on my '97 Passat Sedan. My new to me '96 Passat Wagon is young at 145,000.

Ian F

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Indigo Blue
I passed 300K a couple of weeks ago during the post-Sandy 'noreaster... Then I took it off the road with plans for TB #3, but haven't had time. Driving my truck has been eating me out of house and home, so I drove it to work today. 20 mpg is good for a truck, but still painful when you drive 100+ miles a day and you're used to ~50 mpg. I missed functioning cruise control as well. I need to dig one of the sparky cars out while I'm doing the TB, which I hope to start this weekend. Unfortunately, I have a whole list of stuff to do in addition to the TB.:rolleyes:

rdtompki

TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon TDI
Just crossed 300K yesterday on my 2002 Jetta Wagon TDI. This has been a truly great car.

1. Oil, filters, TB per schedule
  2. Glow plug harness a long time ago
  3. One MAF replacement a long time ago
  4. One set of front brakes at 270K. Rotors were still fine
  5. Rear brakes done twice
  6. Clutch replaced at about 270K (wasn't slipping)
  7. Turbo replaced at about the same mileage
  8. Rear shocks replaced recently
  9. Skid plate
  10. A couple of fan resistor packs
  11. One climate fan
  12. Front ball joints
  13. Oh, and the radio was recently replaced since the volume control became very unstable.
I did do a Malone Stage 1 a year ago or so: well spent money. The car still runs like a watch: 40+ mph at 75 mph, 37 mph at the same speed with our tandem bicycle on the roof.

wiltech

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Beetle
Ummm, how did you go that fast and not get a blurry picture? Also, is your fuel guage broken?
Lol, none of the gauges work... Just the odometer and trip meter. I use torque on my phone for speedometer and other gages.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

fase2000TDI

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jettawagon TDI; 2015 GSW 6MT
337,000 on a 96 Passat sedan. No frame rot either! New control arm bushings, sway bar end links, ball joints, tie rods. Will be doing timing belt and water pump soon, possibly a radiator. I think it has a coolant leak. It seems to be either the water pump or the radiator - just got it registered, insured and roadworthy. Runs strong though, great performance and a new clutch done last year. I think it might need motor/transmission mounts... it shakes when under light throttle and I don't think it's coming from the motor internally. Replaced one door handle... now time t do the other, along with the window regulators on both front doors. 300K+ cars are not without their needs for wear-item repairs, but it's worth it to me.

fase2000TDI

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jettawagon TDI; 2015 GSW 6MT
Lol, none of the gauges work... Just the odometer and trip meter. I use torque on my phone for speedometer and other gages.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Have you run the output test from vagcom on the instrument cluster? Is it the cluster or is it something else?

Just curious - seems like a silly thing to live with either way!

wiltech

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Beetle
Have you run the output test from vagcom on the instrument cluster? Is it the cluster or is it something else?
Just curious - seems like a silly thing to live with either way!
I agree it's a silly thing to live with, but the price of a new cluster was too much $$ when I checked :(

I'll have to get with someone with a vagcom to check that out. I was assuming that since the odometer & trip still worked, plus I can still get the RPM and speed from the ECM via the OBDII port that it's the cluster that's bad.

JMO TDi

TDI
(2)1998 Jettas, 2000 Jetta,2004 Jetta Wagon
324k on my 98 Jetta. Im the second owner of this car and its just awsome. I just purchased a 00 Jetta with only 138k so after I get that running Im going to do some resto work on the 98, (paint, fix some rust). Im not sure it would be worth the time to anyone else to do it, but it is to me so its a "labor of love" if you will. Will post some pics if anyone is interested.

agxster

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 1.9 TDi DSG (Mk.V) 2008 - RIP
324k on my 98 Jetta. Im the second owner of this car and its just awsome. I just purchased a 00 Jetta with only 138k so after I get that running Im going to do some resto work on the 98, (paint, fix some rust). Im not sure it would be worth the time to anyone else to do it, but it is to me so its a "labor of love" if you will. Will post some pics if anyone is interested.
Yes please, I always like a good restoration thread with lots of pics. How long have you owned the '98 and how many miles when you bought it?

JMO TDi

TDI
(2)1998 Jettas, 2000 Jetta,2004 Jetta Wagon
Ive had the car for about 4 years now. I bought it with 240k miles on for a whopping 1900 bucks. I would have to say it was a steal. Its original home was in Central West Va, so it saw a lot of rough winters so that would explain the rust, not a lot of it, but as we all know it doesn't seem to get any better when you don't address it. Probably the best moment I had with the car was when I was going to take a picture a 300k and the odometer rolled back to 0, I was kinda shocked but now I hope to see 300k again. You really don't have them broke in till the "total" goes away on the odometer.