The 300k mile club!

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
My Silver 2000 Jetta TDI - rolled up 300,000 miles on the odometer today at 1:40 pm.
Purchased "used" on 3/22/02 with 44,991 miles on it.

14.72 cents per mile to "own and operate" (that's all expenses, including initial cost). No regrets!

quartersaw

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon, '96 B4V,'99 2 door Golf
'96 B4V
360,095 miles
Just drove a thousand miles on a new oil change. No consumption.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Forgot to take a photo when my Golf hit 350k miles.

redleg155

TDI
jetta
2001 tdi sedan keeps going

This was reached last month. Continuing thanks to this forum's many members and a specific thank you to Jon Hamilton - all of you have made this possible.

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
This was reached last month. Continuing thanks to this forum's many members and a specific thank you to Jon Hamilton - all of you have made this possible.

love these threads....wish there was more history of each vehicle though....

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
2000 Golf w/ 329,000 miles yesterday.

rhg

TDI
02 Golf 4dr 5M GLS
370000 miles, does not use any oil. just changed the original shocks. I think it has the original injector nozzles.
looks good and gets 48 mpg consistently.

ssbourbon1

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS 5sp- Black, 2006 NB DSG- Red
OK, so BeetleGo asked me to comment further on my TDI and why i say to myself "Man I just like my TDI, I want to keep on driving it" So here are some thoughts on it because i dropped it off at my mechanic this morning for my 4th timing belt change and have 377,000+ miles on the clock. So here I go:

1. I have kept it stock and it has kept me happy, I recently (at 350,000) replaced these ORIGINAL parts, front brakes, alternator, AC Compressor, Clutch, Cooling fans. I know that it was a large expense that spanned about a month of things going but hoe many people can say they have driven the same car for 11 years and neve had anyone of these things go.

2. I really really really like the fuel economy. I don't keep track anymore than quck figures in my head but I am still at between 48 and 52 mpg depending on season and weather.

3. Solid car, still no rust, I do live in the south but I live in the mountains and they still use salt up here

4. The seat is still in good condition after all these years. A friend of mine said to me..."i know yo udrive a lot but do you realize your seat works harder than any other part of your car :)" I appreciated that comment, that's what good friends are for.

5. Even with this many miles, i know every morning that my car will start and get me to where i am going. I couldn't say that to other gassers that i got rid of after 100,000 miles becaue i began to doubt....

so ther are some of the things i had thought about when dropping it off. I look forward to hitting my firt 500000 miles in a car in the next 2 years or so. Maybe I'll be able to pass this Jetta of mine to my daughter for her first car when she turns 16 ... another 6 years to go on that one thank God.

Diesel on my friends and thanks again to TDI Club for helping me get to where I am today with this vehicle!

Airstream

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta; 2010 JSW
Joined the club a little while ago

Just joined and loving every minute of it! I have only owned it since about 294k, and I have put a lot of love/money since then but he is running great! Full disclaimer: the engine only has about 200k miles on it. The timing belt blew on the PO because of his PO. A newer 2001 engine was put in at around 150k. But I still have all of the annoying 300k quirks on the rest of the car!

Still looking good though! (The other side isn't as pretty!)

earlthepearl

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 New Beetle 5M, 2004 Passat 6M, 2009 Jetta Sedan (buy back), 2010 Touareg (buy back)
Just posted a History on the 300,000 mile club thread, then found the 300k mile club thread.:mad: Seems there ought to be a way to combine the two threads, as we're talking the same thing. Plus, I'm too lazy to type the history all over again.:rolleyes:

DeeGee

TDI
2000 Golf 5-Spd.
I joined the 300k mile club in Feb. Only issues are a few bad MAFs and recent vacuum line cracking. Replaced them and all is well again.

Ron 33

Veteran Member
TDI
Y2K Jetta GLS Atlantic Blue, Manual
Just hit 300k today, 1.5 months short of twelve years old.
Original clutch, engine and turbo.
Replaced CV Joints, one wheel bearing, AC system, shocks and struts, one cooling fan, glow plugs and harness, a couple of MAF sensors. Two sets of floor mats, oil dipstick tube, temp sensor.
Time for another oil change and then its off to find 400K!
Engine still starts like new, mileage still hits 50mpg, you can't beat it. Best car I ever owned. I love the payments!

blu_jet_92

Veteran Member
TDI
all of them
just joined the club this past sunday!!! :) My love for TDI's started 7-8 years ago when a co-worker of my dad had 95 Jetta. Dad bought a 01 Jetta in 2007, and I bought mine in 2010 with 250k (the one that passed the 300k mark). Since then i have talked three friends and my girlfriend into getting TDI's :) long live TDI!!

Last edited:

CrazyWJ242

Veteran Member
TDI
04 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI, 03 Beetle TDI
well i posted in the 200,000 mile club, but i guess i am in the 300k club! :cool:
Im at 485636KM so 301 760 Miles...

few people are writing how their cars are holding up... Well i just had to repair major rust holes on the driver side (rear door aswell as rocker damage upfront), as well as cosmetic rust on the passenger side...

right rear door hinge has gotten loose and caused an annoying thunk noise at every bump...but now i can pick up the door and rock the entire car without any wiggle so i shouldn't hear the noise again...

as far as the motor goes, Its running great now... PO said it had a blown turbo... a new MAF aswell as some vacuum hoses and it runs like a champion... so far i've replaced the starter (had a used one in another TDI at the shop going to scrap after a wreck) and rear brake sliders were seized on the left side, seized piston on the left side... UGH

Performed a few mods i've seen up here... all seem to be working out great!

but for $700 im going to keep it going as long as i can... and have as much fun as i can... I HATE driving CARS... but this thing has been a pleasure to drive...