VCDS VAG-COM Locator

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
I agree first thing I bought when I got my car. Still under factory warranty but when that ends will be nice to have. Well worth the money. Have a Hex+Can USB been playing around by no means an expert. Will help if I can.

Hex+Can USB
Milwaukee WI

Last edited:

Fociracr

TDI
99.5 Jetta
I have a few tdi's and an Audi A6 which I do all my own maintenance on I absolutely hate dealerships. On the Audi you need a vag to reset the service reminder so stupid. The dealership wants $270 to do and oil change and rotate tires and some other stuff that I can do for an 8th of the price. It doesn't hurt the car but its annoying every time I turn the car on it says service just annoying. I just can't justify spending 350 on some computer software to reset a light on my car and do some diagnostics.

bassman5066

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2 Door TDI (sold back for Dieselgate), 91 Golf 4 Door with 1Z swap
I have a few tdi's and an Audi A6 which I do all my own maintenance on I absolutely hate dealerships. On the Audi you need a vag to reset the service reminder so stupid. The dealership wants $270 to do and oil change and rotate tires and some other stuff that I can do for an 8th of the price. It doesn't hurt the car but its annoying every time I turn the car on it says service just annoying. I just can't justify spending 350 on some computer software to reset a light on my car and do some diagnostics.
If all your cars are CAN interfaced, you could just get the micro can cable for 250. The hex/can cable is the most versatile, but you don't need it if all your cars are one or the the other(can interface or hex k wire interface). Check Ross techs application guide for that.

Technically, the software is free. You buy the cable and it has a single license for the VCDS software that allows it to work. That's another nice thing about them, you don't have to keep track of software keys, because it is stored on the cable itself.

Sent from my Bosch ECU via VAG COM

TDIinAK

TDI
2013 JSW, 6sp MT
Add me.

HEX-CAN+USB
Ross-tech
Anchorage, AK 99515

More hardware than brainpower. Better know what you are looking for before you contact me!

copakabata

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta 01M, 1999.5 Jetta 5 spd, 2000 VW Golf 4dr 5 spd
Have: HEX-CAN-USB
Knowledge: Novice, but learning (check engine lights, timing, etc.)
Contact - PM for phone number
Payment - Will work for cold beer ;):p:D:cool:

Shenandoah

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon; 2005 Beetle; 2004 Jetta; 2002 Golf (three of them); 2002 Jetta Wagon; 2000 Audi TT->TDI; 1999 Beetle
Please add me to the list:

HEX-USB+CAN
Fort Valley, VA 22652

Eric

Vesrah

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
KKL Cable w/ VCDS Lite Registered
Works on ALH engines, not sure what else.
Scottsdale, Az 85259

gmickey2001

TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan
Memoscan U600 VAG5053 + CAN ODBII

It reads codes and resets lights. I used it for DSG temp on fluid change.

No one close by listed with anything better so feel free to list me.

Atascadero, CA 93422