VCDS VAG-COM Locator

DieselJeff

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Jetta 6MT & '11 Jetta DSG
7/22/2011 - It appears that Google "upgraded" their maps and when they did all the emails listed disappeared. So, now there are email links for each listing that point NOWHERE! It's not realistic for me to replace them all especially since it may happen again. So, the only way to make contact will be to PM through TDI Club. Sorry for any inconvenience. I will continue to add listing to the map without email addresses.

9/19/2011 - As of today we have 165 members listed on the map!

03/4/2012 - The map is now multiple pages long so you have to click each page to see all the points on the map. Be sure to check all pages when finding a listing. If anyone knows a way to change it so all show up on one page please let me know.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...055,86.572266&z=4&iwloc=000492ce69bc1ee2eac43

If you have a VAG-COM that you would like to make available for members at no charge, list your info here or PM me and I'll add you to the map.

Type of VAG-COM available
Zip Code
Email will no longer be listed since Google removed all of them for some reason.

You can find a TDIClub users contact info here:

If you find bad contact information or want your listing updated please let me know.

Thanks to Wingnut this tread is periodically cleaned up to remove info after the map is updated.

If anyone out there knows enough about the different types of interfaces and is willing to give a summary of capabilities of each please send me a PM with info, thanks! I'll post the info here.

Last edited:

DieselJeff

Veteran Member
TDI
Looks like I'm not as original as I thought but we'll give it a try for members here and see how it goes.:) It will be a bit of work at first but once most are added it will just be a matter of maintaining it. I spend most of my day behind a computer so I don't mind doing it, especially if it proves to be useful.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Great post. This is the new sticky for the Vag Com locator info. Thanks for the legwork to make this happen. People can either post their info here or PM you directly to be added to the list as you prefer. I will pop in from time to time to try to remove personal info that people post so its not public for very long. Anything else I can do, just let me know.

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Nice map! This is the first time I've seen this thread. I'll have Jason post his details this evening (if I remember). :)

WVU TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE 6m
I don't see anyone near me on the map. For those of you that own one, what sort of deal do you make with people who want to make use of your tool? A couple of beers in exchange for usage? A small fee? I'm tempted to buy one and then post the availability and hope to recover some cost by helping out other VW owners.
I never ask for anything, but I've had people give me $20, crack open a few beers, buy me lunch, give me a hand with tire rotations...

Then I've had others who were like "oh hey, thanks for letting me rack your brain and use your $300 tool and $700 laptop! *drive away*" Obviously I will be much less eager to help these people a second time.

DieselJeff

Veteran Member
TDI
The intention of this listing is to help members out that don't have one of their own, not for anyone to make a profit or pay off their own tool. You're less likely to make money off a VAG-COM and more likely to meet good people.

Chances are if you don't already own the tool, then you probably don't know enough about one to go out and charge people to use it. Consider this too....if you charge others up front, then you are also taking on a great liability if you dork something up.

Just personal use will pay for itself over and over again.

Last edited:

a32e5s7

Veteran Member
TDI
None
The intention of this listing is to help members out that don't have one of their own, not for anyone to make a profit or pay off their own tool. You're less likely to make money off a VAG-COM and more likely to meet good people.

Chances are if you don't already own the tool, then you probably don't know enough about one to go out and charge people to use it. Consider this too....if you charge others up front, then you are also taking on a great liability if you dork something up.

x10 that

Richptl

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI automatic 305,000 miles

I bought this car to save money as I drive 40K a year mostly highway miles and I did not want to buy a Prius, and I can not afford a new car. The oil pan was cracked when I bought the car, apparently had a cheap repair done on it and it fell off, found out when I got home. So I invested in a better oil pan and Panzer plate. Planned on the plate anyway due to our pothole filled roads up here in New York. Also did not start well in the cold, got a Frostheater, new NGK glow plugs (one of the plugs was an 11 Volt plug, the other 3 were 7 volt). Probably 95% of the people on this site have a lot more money than I do, so I would kindly ask you not to be judgemental. I'm 200 miles from the nearest point on the VAG-COM map. If I shell out the $350 for the tool, I sure would like to get a few bucks back to help defray the cost if someone near me wants to use it.

Car has been idling a little louder the last few days, thought maybe I should fine tune the cam timing. Sounds better today though. I have a hard time finding any decent diesel in my area. I've been using Kwik Fill the last few fill-ups, think I am going back to Mobil. I double-dose with PowerService DieselKleen (gray bottle) each fill-up, supposed to add about 6 points to Cetane. But I think most of the diesel near me is just barely above 40 to begin with.

DieselJeff

Veteran Member
TDI
Please start another thread if your intention is to make money off others using your tool. I do the leg work to maintain the map and would like others to be certain they can come here for assistance without being charged. Thank you.

woofie2

Veteran Member
TDI
Former TDI owner
Please start another thread if your intention is to make money off others using your tool. I do the leg work to maintain the map and would like others to be certain they can come here for assistance without being charged. Thank you.
I will gladly meet people, scan codes, reset, adjust settings as the person has researched. if I have to look up how to set something up, research how to code a radio/cluster, or perform more than basic diagnostics, then likely that will run into the "Beer money" fund and likely to burn time I would be doing other things.
Some people think every guy with a VAG com cable is an automatic guru. If you think you need a mechanic then likely you do.

abctdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat GLS
Good job.

I can't help but notice the huge gap centered around my home town.
Really? There used to be several here...come on folks, help your tdi bros out.

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Vag-com available.
HEX-CAN plus USB
Ross-Tech Cable
Version 11.11 (latest)

Fairfax, VA 22031
e-mail or PM

E

eslfuzzy

VCDS HEX-CAN USB
Ross-Tech Cable
Version 11.11

Fremont-Lincoln, Nebraska

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
KEY-USB (No CAN), not much knowledge or time but willing to help. Quebec city, G1H 7P1 contact via PM

SLVVR6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2000 Jetta
VCDS HEX-CAN USB
Ross-Tech Cable
Version 11.11

Syracuse, Utah

arne487

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf TDI, '10 TDI Cup Jetta
Hi Jeff,

Could you please update my location from Suffolk, VA to Fort Collins, CO? Couldn't see a way to do it myself.

Thanks,
Arne