Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

Big10

TDI
2015 GSW TDI SEL
Please note that Brian Hague in/near Little Elm, TX (DFW area) sold his business a few years ago to Robert Pierce (nka Pierce Family Automotive).
Brian also previously moved his shop to Denton and Robert has most recently moved it again to:

Pierce Family Automotive
403 Fort Worth Drive
Denton, TX 76201
214-257-8221

Robert (and now his crew) are a VW/Audi shop but work on all makes and models.

Lead_Sled

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI
Looking for a place in the Austin / San Antonio / Houston Texas area.

Finally found “runonbeer” website and says he moved away a few years back.

After my dieselgate warranty expired a few months back, I’ve collected my parts, but just haven’t found time. Probably will not have time with my work schedule.

Here’s what I’m looking to do:

- DPF/EGR delete……have buzzken pipe, Malone stage 2 tune with CP3 upgrade

- CP3 upgrade kit
- 2Micron filter install
- Timing belt change

Currently at 90k miles.

Reactions: Ton

Flybuzz

TDI
Golf Sportwagen SE TDI 2015
Fallen Automotive in Sterling, VA has moved 7 years ago to a nearby place located at 22585 Markey Ct, Sterling, VA 20166
The list needs correction on it. The phone remains the same

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M

schwinn guy

TDI
2001 Golf GL 5 speed
Good snowy morning from Chicago.
Anyone heard from Matt Miks recently? Is he OK and doing TDI work still? He did my timing belt on my 2001 TDI and local to me and was trying to go to him again as he did great by me and has a good reputation here on the forum.
Thanks!
Greg

SeattleMK4Golf_BEW

TDI
2006 1.9 TDI Golf (BEW)
Hello - the landscape of auto garages in the Seattle area has changed a lot since this thread was active. Anyone have any recommendations for mechanics who will work with aftermarket parts?

mcawsm4565

TDI
2015 jetta tdi
Any tips for opening the list/ Map? The map is nothing and the list just always says no connection? Alternatively anyone know someone close kent wa? I've seen some reccomendations in redmond, tacoma, and seattle but hoping there's one closer to home.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Any tips for opening the list/ Map? The map is nothing and the list just always says no connection? Alternatively anyone know someone close kent wa? I've seen some reccomendations in redmond, tacoma, and seattle but hoping there's one closer to home.
Welcome to the TDI Club

Maybe it is because you are a new member.
The List and Map both work for me.

irishjetta

TDI
03 silver Jetta TDI, 280k miles; 14 silver Golf TDI (sold)
Hey guys, looking for a good mechanic in CT. The only one on the map in CT simply says 'My Garage'. Any ideas?

pyromancer

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Mouse Meat
4732 S. Washington St. Tacoma, Washington

They installed a 100k timing belt kit on my 2003 jetta and I have nothing but good things to say about them. I brought them the parts i had purchased from a trusted vendor, and where most shops would charge me extra for bringing my own parts they did not. I also brought them new vacuum lines to install which they advised me against since mine were fine. all in all they changed the tb and cleaned the intake for just under $400 so about $700 total including parts which I dont think is bad. I am extremely satisfied with the service I recieved and will recomend them to anyone who needs any vw work.
@SeattleMK4Golf_BEW had these folks do a timing belt, cam and some other stuff for him. I took a look at his car today to help him try to figure out a rough idle situation. The torsion was off, cam sprocket center bolt was not torqued to spec, his coolant reservoir was overfilled, and it looks like they may have messed up on installing his cam seal. He also had a bad in tank fuel pump, and a failed thermostat they failed to diagnose or recommend he replace. I couldn't get a good look at where the oil inside the timing belt cover was coming from given the time I had today to be positive on the cam seal. Although there's not a lot of places for oil to get in there that high up... With what I saw today I was thoroughly unimpressed, and would have the complete opposite recommendation. Here's hoping his issue is a valve cover gasket or something else that doesn't require basically the same labor as a TB job so he doesn't have to take it back to them.

SeattleMK4Golf_BEW

TDI
2006 1.9 TDI Golf (BEW)
Sadly, I must say that everything that @pyromancer wrote above is completely true. Totally disappointed and frustrated by what was revealed to me yesterday as we popped the hood and took a look together (step by step the whole time). F*******g S** t !!!!!

Abaddon2501

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI Auto
Please update Florida Guru list to remove "150MPG" theTDIguy Eric Swanson, I was texting with him today and he is no longer working TDIs as of about 15 years ago.