Fuel in coolant

CPJettaTDI

TDI
Jetta 04
2004 Jetta TDI with 320K km sprang a rad leak yesterday. Diesel fuel pours out when the engine is running. Has anyone seen this before? Anything other than a fracture in the head come to mind as root cause? Thx

jasantos40

TDI
g4 tdi
Or injector seals, plug air compressor to the inlet pump a try to find a leak.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
If you have had a fuel in the coolant contamination, you will want to check all the rubber hoses. Diesel softens and swells the rubber hoses of the cooling system and will weaken them severely. This will result in burst hoses, usually when you're farthest from help. Or, it might just lead to collapses or a lot of smaller leaks as the hose fails gradually.

At any rate, you will want to check the hoses for swelling and softening as that will happen before they fail completely.

Good luck,

PH

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
If the inside of the upper rad hose is flawless if just inspect and move on, if its anything other than flawless (looks new) i would change all the hoses and orings ect. a coolant issue can cripple if not destroy an engine. Not worth the chance.