Need Help with 2002 TDI would not start

ali-rkfd

TDI
Jetta 2002
Was driving on road, Car stoped and cranks but no starts
Read the forum and checked the following:
1-No issue with relay 109, have glow plug sign
2-Replace the OEM fuel line with clear line to see any bubbles only one inch long bubble after vacuuming.
3- Remove the return line and used vacuum to suck the fuel into the pump
and found tons off small bubbles??? tighten the bolt on IP and bubbles are gone at -20 mmg
4-Have power at fuel shutoff solenoid and injectors are spraying fuel when i loosen them for air removal.
Q- Will the leaking filter seals (I replaced the fuel filter but not the seals lost them) can cause the car not to start?
Please guide me what to test next? There is no Guru near bay-area and TDI shop close to my home is weeks behind to even look at my car?

Prairieview

Veteran Member
TDI
Two 2000 Beetles, 2002 Jetta, 2002 gas avh Jetta, fleet of older 1.6 turbo and non's
"Q": yes, install new O-rings or convert car to an earlier fuel filter (ex. 1986 Golf diesel) and do away with the re-circulation loop which is known to lend itself to air leakage.

And....keep reading "Q" posts every day.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Pull,the timing belt cover inspect the belt completely for stripped teeth and set it at TDC. It should easily line up by turning the 19mm crank bolt with a 12 point socket.

jasantos40

TDI
g4 tdi
If you get fuel on the injectors, probably timing. Do you get any smoke from the exhaust?