Audi A4 Low power and limp mode and other problems

arijus

TDI
1997 Audi A4 1.9 TDI 110
Hi!
I have 97 Audi a4 1.9tdi 110 afn engine which doesn't behave :)))

The ecu keeps putting engine in limp mode with "intake manifold pressure indifference". I replaced vacuum lines and checked vacuum valves - no luck.

Recently I did boost leak test. Set my tool to 30 psi. The pressure drops to ~5psi. However if I block egr, the dial shows ~14psi.

My question, is egr should be air tight or air leak into exhaust manifold is ok?

Thanks for any ideas!

Drummerboy_TDI

TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI
2006 Jetta 1.9L TDI, (CEL), Limp Mode, No drive, Stuck in park till restart.

Hi, I have a 2006 Jetta TDI 1.9L, 160K Miles, my car recently started acting up. I have a Auto Tiptronic 6spd. My car goes into limp mode. Yesterday I got stuck in traffic as my car would not move in Drive, or Reverse, engine just revs. I Shifted into Park and it was stuck in Park, my ABS traction control came on first then, CEL, then no go to drive train.
I pulled key out of ignition for 2-3 minutes and was able to start up engine and put in drive in limp mode to parking lot.
(Display says Emissions Workshop.)
Please help. Thanks. (Ps. I'm' newbie here, so please don't judge.) My mechanic friend just reset my CEL with his scanner yesterday and cleared the codes, but my car did it again the day after. I'm frustrated.
Here are the Codes: From the Scanner.
01027- EGR Valve (N18) Malfunction P0403- Intermittent
00305- Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Signal to Low P0131 - Intermittent
05670- Powertrain Data Bus Missing Message from TCU P1626 - Intermittent
Also, My Outer Clutch Pack is going bad and makes rattling noise at idle in Park. When in Drive my car shakes grinds, then goes to Limp Mode shifting between 2 to 3 gear at 20-30 MPH. But is Intermittent. If I let off throttle then it's okay no Limp Mode at 20mph. (2nd gear). No grinding.
Any Help is appreciated, Thanks! :)

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Welcome to TDI Club!
Not a good use of thread hijack. The original is a different issue and it's 6 years old.
Please find a more appropriate thread or start a new. Also, you'll get better results in the model specific forum, this hardly sounds like a 101 situation.
VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas

Drummerboy_TDI

TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI
Sorry, I didn't even notice the last thread date. Can you help me find the right thread to post on please? thanks. I am new to this. I am trying to search for it but can't find the right thread yet. Any help is appreciated. thanks. :)

Last edited:

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Create your own, then it will be in the right thread . . . . You should not add new problems to old threads . . .