***Official maintenance schedule for your VW [PDFs inside]***

NOLAJay

TDI
2011 JSW
NOLA,

Welcome to the club my friend...

=^)
Thanks. The easy-to-read, tabular maintenance schedules are a great resource.

Now that my JSW is out of warranty, I'll be doing my own work whenever possible, and expect to be referring to the schedules and this forum regularly. With no Chilton's/Haynes/Bentley books available, TDIClub.com is invaluable.

NOLAJay

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
Robert,
I was looking for the 2015 Jetta TDI service intervals, but the PDF is not downloadable. I thought maybe the links were bad, so I went to the photo site, directly to your album, but still can't download it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Tony

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Robert,
I was looking for the 2015 Jetta TDI service intervals, but the PDF is not downloadable. I thought maybe the links were bad, so I went to the photo site, directly to your album, but still can't download it.
It looks like Model Year 2015 Jetta TDI and Model Year 2015 Passat TDI are both "404- Not Found".

Have Fun!

Don

McSpiffy

TDI
'16 Golf Sportwagen TSI SEL & '16 Golf TSI SE 4DR HB
Robert,
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance!
Tony
Try this interactive guide, courtesy of Auburn VW . . . I've never been there but stumbled upon their website with this great guide!

http://www.auburnvw.com/MaintenanceMenu

circling

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Permissions denied when trying to access files.

Hi,
When I try to access one of the lines in the original post I get the following error:

You don't have permission to access /data/500/2014_Jetta.pdf on this server

Any idea on how to proceed?

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Try again. Maybe the server was bugging.

I just tried the 2014 Jetta and Sportwagen and they both worked for me.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Hi,
When I try to access one of the lines in the original post I get the following error:

I do not know if this will help or not, but it is worth a try. Those documents are on the TDIClub picture server. Try clicking on the "Photos" link in the blue bar near the top of the screen on almost any page here at TDIClub. Then click on "login" link on the right side of the page. The user name and the password are the exact same username and password you use for the rest of TDIClub. Once you are logged into the picture server, it ought to work better.

This procedure probably is not supposed to be necessary, but it might help if the picture server doesn't recognize you.

Have Fun!

Don

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Hi,

If Don's suggestion does not work, try right click on the line and "save link as" then open it from your local drive.
If it won't let you do that you may need to whitelist the sites forums.tdiclub.com and pics.tdiclub.com. Whitelist is the process of adding a name to a list or otherwise unblocking sites from ad/pop-up blockers. There may be an icon on the upper right of the browser for any blocking software, try clicking that.

Chummy

TDI
2014 Beetle TDI
Have you a schedule for the 2014 Beetle TDI other than for the convertible version? I assume it's the same, save for any maintenance necessary for the soft top. Also, the link for the convertible version is broken.

the beave

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI S
Now THIS is funny stuff!

Try this interactive guide, courtesy of Auburn VW . . . I've never been there but stumbled upon their website with this great guide!

http://www.auburnvw.com/MaintenanceMenu
I LIVE in Auburn, Washington!
And this is the dealership Me and My Wife bought our 2015 Jetta TDI from.

The other funny-NOT-is when I took it in around 2 mo. ago for the Part 1 of the settlement to get my Computer Flashed.
As we were doing the paperwork before they took it out back, the service lady told me it had been around 5000 miles since my first year maint. (August of 2016) and that I was due for an Oil change.
Uh, no, I'm not due until August. She said VW recommends it,
I said, Uh, NO. The Scheduled Maint in the book says an Oil Change EVERY YEAR OR 10,000 miles.
She said, 'well, it's there, and they buried it, you have to look to find it.
I then said, Well, we paid for an extra 2 years of maintenance so as long as it's covered go ahead and do it.
She said "Well, it's Not. You'll have to pay for it".
At this point I'm ready to explode, I am not embellishing this at all to make it sound more dramatic. What a bunch of Bull F ing Sh*t!
See, you really can't trust anybody anymore. They're all just liers.
So that's my Auburn, Washington Volkswagen dealership story.

Oh, and here's the punchline.......
I actually DID find a 'note' buried in one of the maintenance books, and sure enough it was there...."VW recommends for 'severe' driving (city) an Oil Change every 5000 miles" next to miles was a 'note' number.
Found the note number and it says that recommendation applies to the Jetta 2015 Gasser models, Not the Diesel TDI. :eek:

Flat out liers...........:mad:
the beave

the beave

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI S
Well, I might have to eat the 'Liars' word, here's an update from this past tuesday:
Started the TDI and got the 'Wrench' symbol and 5000 in the odometer.
So, I figured 'ah, it is telling me to get an oil change'. And then my wife said something that made sense: 'You know when they flashed the computer with the new software, they probably upped the frequency of Oil Changes cause the engines working harder'.
It makes sense.
Although VW should have stated that to me/us. But they didn't.
So my Auburn VW dealer was right, but they presented it to me the wrong way and I took it the wrong way.
So, now it DOES look like they want you to get an Oil change every 5000 instead of once a year/10000 miles.
I still love my 2015 Jetta!!!:D
the beave

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Well, I might have to eat the 'Liars' word, here's an update from this past tuesday:
Started the TDI and got the 'Wrench' symbol and 5000 in the odometer.
So, I figured 'ah, it is telling me to get an oil change'. And then my wife said something that made sense: 'You know when they flashed the computer with the new software, they probably upped the frequency of Oil Changes cause the engines working harder'.
It makes sense.
Although VW should have stated that to me/us. But they didn't.
So my Auburn VW dealer was right, but they presented it to me the wrong way and I took it the wrong way.
So, now it DOES look like they want you to get an Oil change every 5000 instead of once a year/10000 miles.
I still love my 2015 Jetta!!!:D
the beave
Maybe the "fix" has increased the post injection cycle which in turn increases the oil dilution.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
They probably just reset the service reminder so they could fleece more money from customers on unnecessary oil changes.

the beave

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI S
They probably just reset the service reminder so they could fleece more money from customers on unnecessary oil changes.
Yes but they hold the cards here. Remember our TDI's used a specific oil. If we decline and something goes south then guess what?
It comes out to be $80 more per year, again, the car is worth it.
Beave

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Yes but they hold the cards here. Remember our TDI's used a specific oil. If we decline and something goes south then guess what?
It comes out to be $80 more per year, again, the car is worth it.
Beave

Yes, that specific oil is 507, and can be found quite easily. Even shipped to your doorstep. If they have truly changed the interval to 5k miles for warranty purposes, that's one thing. But I'm quite skeptical of that.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
This may be a dumb question. In the destructions for a 2015 Passat they want the air and snow filter replaced at 60k.

Where is the snow filter ???

I have to snicker because I do not see winter/snow.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
This may be a dumb question. In the destructions for a 2015 Passat they want the air and snow filter replaced at 60k.

Where is the snow filter ???

I have to snicker because I do not see winter/snow.
Isn't that just a piece a fabric layered over the air filter? I think it's optional.

Ronner

TDI
New 2015 Golf TDI dsg
Wonderful resources here at Freds TDI. Thanks guys! Ur awesome to do all that work for us. CHEERS!!!

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
i'm in serious search for the 2017 tiguan tsi gasser for usa chart.

you seem resourceful.... case of beer? pm me the link or post here. all i can find is the 2016 , which i'm sure might be identical, but itd be nice to confirm any differences.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
i'm in serious search for the 2017 tiguan tsi gasser for usa chart.

you seem resourceful.... case of beer? pm me the link or post here. all i can find is the 2016 , which i'm sure might be identical, but itd be nice to confirm any differences.
Case of beer!! Michigan craft brew? I'm pretty good with the ol' interweb, I'll have to take a look.

tonyvw

TDI
2011, 2012
Canadian VW Maintenance Schedule-Generic

Thanks FixMyBug and others for posting the maintenance schedules. I found this site from VW Canada. It is not dealer specific and is generic for all of Canada. You select your year, model, engine type and current km. The site then shows you the next maintenance schedule which you can print. You can expand and view the maintenance schedules for future service too.

https://www.volkswagenplus.ca/en/maintenance/timeline

Note, the website seems to take quite a few seconds to finish loading, you see part of the page then the part you need to select year, model etc. comes up a bit later.

Some dealers have a similar online tools to look up maintenance schedules that include their price. Other dealer's sites don't show the service price.