DO I still need to clean the intake manifold if

highender

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
I already have the EGR delete and race pipe and Old Navy CCV ?

This means that I would have little to no soot going in the intake, and way less Oil from the CCV. Since intake manifold clogging is from these two sources, and if these methods reduce or eliminate the causes, then can I skip the cleaning ?

How often should they be cleaned ?

ALso, since I have a Old Navy CCV, do I need to add a Provent CCV filter, to remove the remainder of oil ? Would that be redundant overkill, or good logic, or just an elective procedure with possible benefits ?

Thanks in advance....

h

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
I just did the elephant hose mod after trying a couple different ccv filters. Only thing to do really is take of the egr and see if there is anyting there, with the several filters I had tried all I had was oily residue but now with the elephant hose mod and egr delete no worries about any of that anymore :)

aNUT

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'01 TT (ALH-ish), B7 Audi gasser, '05 Golf
If it hasn't ever been cleaned, I'd clean it knowing that you'll never have to do it again. You may not feel a huge difference, but it will take some load off the turbo and help you get the most of your performance mods. If you can live without your car for a couple days, I'd take the intake to a machine shop and have them clean it...it will look brand new.

aNUT

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
highender said:
DO I still need to clean the intake manifold if

I already have the EGR delete and race pipe and Old Navy CCV ?
H, when was the IM last cleaned?

Rmad

TDI
02 Jetta 1.9TDI ALH
Mine looked that bad when I got it at 80K, former owner was literally a Grandma.

highender

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
dieseldorf said:
H, when was the IM last cleaned?

HI dieseldorf:

Original owner recoreded that the intake manifold was last cleaned on 3/15/06......., a race pipe, tdi P502 nozzles, and chip was installed then.

It also has a boost control, and epsilonian device on 7-7-06.
The EGR delete was done after on 4-11.06
, and Old Navy CCV after, on 9-3-06.

miles driven from 3-15-06 to 9-3-06 ( when ONCCV was installed) is 13202 miles.
IT now has another 6076 miles, but at least with both. ONCCV and egr delete.

He has a notation on 4-11-06 that says that : "OMI intake " was done...
I have no idea what that means....???

what do you guys all think ?

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
if a race pipe was installed shouldn;t be a problem as the egr was deleted, nothing wrong with takingit off to makesure though but doubt anyting will be in there.

highender

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
doc_m said:
if a race pipe was installed shouldn;t be a problem as the egr was deleted, nothing wrong with takingit off to makesure though but doubt anyting will be in there.

That is what I thought...with race pipe and EGR delete and ONCCV ...there should be minimal oil and soot ...

what does Omi intake mean ??

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
old man intake. can't rememeber what all was included in that. yeah with the ccv filter you would only get oily in the intake no soot.

highender

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
doc_m said:
old man intake. can't rememeber what all was included in that. yeah with the ccv filter you would only get oily in the intake no soot.[/quo

Thanks doc m and canadiangrizzly:

GOt the info...and now I am at peace....

take care...

harry

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
no worries that's what we are here for learned all my stuff from this site and now trying to help others

Schwimmwagen

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 GSW TDI bone stock waiting for warranty to expire...
Doc
I just got rid of my CCV elephant hose after 5 years because my wife is sick of the fumes, and I'm sick of the drips! I have the race pipe, will changing back to stock ccv set up clog my intake now?

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Hmm I don't get any fumes can't smell them anyways, the intake shouldn't clog just get oily. Maybe a catch can idea for you would be a good idea.