06 Jetta No Heat / No AC - Autotemp or Blower fan ?

TexasDieselInjected

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I have a 2006 TDI with the auto-temp or climate control module each front seat passenger can control their own temperature. Towards the end of summer, the car would either blow air, or it wouldn't, almost as if it had a loose wire, or hit a speed bump. It wasn't as important then, perfect weather outside, but now its just cold! We need heat & defrosting blower to keep the windshield clear.

I have checked the fuse box, all good 30amp fuse that feeds the blower fan. I've also chased down the power lead that plugs into the blower fan / module itself, it also has power.

Now what ? Is it the dash controls, or the module that is attached to the side of the fan motor on the passenger side floorboard ?

Please advise, I really can't afford a dealer fix, especially if this is a common, or easy repair I'd rather do it myself at home.

Thank you for your time,
John

andrew825

TDI
06 Jetta TDI Manual
I am having the same problem. I replaced the resistor and it still doesn't work. I purchased a new blower and plugged it into the harness under the glove box to test the issue. The new blower worked! Then I installed it and nothing again. Fuses are fine. Next step suggestions? Both the resister and the blower have 10 volts of power, so I know the switch is also working. Is there a relay somewhere that's failing?