timing kit and balance shaft module????

cajunspice

Veteran Member
TDI
(3) 05 passat TDI,07 dodge 1 ton cummins, 1956 2 dr sedan sbc 383
2005 Passat TDI 126,000 miles the timing belt needs to be changed. I have looked at several sites for different kits and want some input on companies.
I was thinking about using Bora Parts Inc and wanted to see if anyone had used this company and get any feedback. I was going to get kit number 03G198295Q-D it is 1498.88 it includes everything to do timing belt and upgrade the balance shaft module. If you have any suggestions please let me know. I need to do this ASAP so we can drive the car.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Bora Parts: the company owner, Aaron, is a member here and well respected. A lot of us buy parts from him. You will not go wrong there.

Tony

cajunspice

Veteran Member
TDI
(3) 05 passat TDI,07 dodge 1 ton cummins, 1956 2 dr sedan sbc 383
Thank you i'm going to call Aaron in the morning.

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
Aaron has been a great resource for parts many times this year. He usually goes out of his way to get things to you quickly and well-protected. Give him a call, he is very helpful on the phone.

dhuddleson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Highline TDI sedan
Please remember there are also some special tools needed, for holding timing gears in place, for removing old crank chain gear, etc. Do you have access to these tools???? See the "sticky" posts at the top of this Forum, and the BSM pdf file for more info.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
the choice of the pros seems to be contitech timing belt kits

GPOJerry

Village VW Associate Vendor
TDI
Just performed BSM replacement for a customer that bought his own kit from bora parts, I got everything out of the box and inventoried it and found out there wasn't a water pump. He called bora parts and they had me one here the next morning, can't complain about that.

Scubanero

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon
I got my BSM and TB kit from Bora. The timing belt was missing and he had a replacement sent ASAP and no questions asked. All good stuff.

GPOJerry

TDI
I got my BSM and TB kit from Bora. The timing belt was missing and he had a replacement sent ASAP and no questions asked. All good stuff.
yeah, some of the parts are drop-shipped from his vendor. I would inventory the kit as soon as I got it to keep from possibly holding up any weekend projects.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
You gotta ask your self how you can get a timing belt kit with no timing belt in the package? It's almost like ordering a pizza and getting it with no dough...:rolleyes:

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Indeed, I tell everyone that these kits are drop shipped to keep the prices low; most of them arrive without a hitch but we did have a couple (water pump/TB) with issues lately. Still, those issues are few and far between. :)

Meanwhile, it appears that the BSM part number is being replaced, new part number is about $100 more. I still have two kits in the old style in stock, after that it looks like we're being forced to do our first price adjustment in 3-years on these (everyone will have to do it, the old part number doesn't exist any more :(
-BB

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
Aaron, can you tell us if there is any difference in the new kit? Any changes or updates we should know about?

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
well I'm sure the high consumers of bsm's like Oilhammer will let us know what the changes are to the bsm. maybe those that have not upgraded yet will get something spiffier in the newest version.

GPOJerry

TDI
Indeed, I tell everyone that these kits are drop shipped to keep the prices low; most of them arrive without a hitch but we did have a couple (water pump/TB) with issues lately. Still, those issues are few and far between.
-BB
completely understandable, I was still thoroughly impressed how quickly the replacement was there as late in the day as we called.

Dean

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI(Sold)
Indeed, I tell everyone that these kits are drop shipped to keep the prices low; most of them arrive without a hitch but we did have a couple (water pump/TB) with issues lately. Still, those issues are few and far between. :)

Meanwhile, it appears that the BSM part number is being replaced, new part number is about $100 more. I still have two kits in the old style in stock, after that it looks like we're being forced to do our first price adjustment in 3-years on these (everyone will have to do it, the old part number doesn't exist any more :(
-BB
What's different about this new BSM?

BleachedBora

TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Update:
Looks like VW switched suppliers, my dealer can't tell a difference (but it is a dealer after all ;)) between the two. New part number is 03G103295AP. Cost is actually $75 more, I am going to try to shave things as close as I can and I only raised the prices by $68. We'll see how things go and adjust as needed. I sold my last 295Q BSM today, so new prices are in effect. Plenty of stock.
-BB

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
well I'm sure the high consumers of bsm's like Oilhammer will let us know what the changes are to the bsm. maybe those that have not upgraded yet will get something spiffier in the newest version.
Price increase is probably do to the dollar vs. the DM. Or, maybe they gold plated the oil pump shaft?:p

BleachedBora

TDI
I should be getting one in to my place in the next 10 days or so. I'll report what I find :)

Derek@Exklusiv

TDI
Too many cars
What's different about this new BSM?
I've probably done a dozen or so BSM's in the last year and most of the kits have come from Aaron - the 2 I got from him this week appear in now way different from the superseded part #. It's either an internal change or simply a change in vendor.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Price increase is probably do to the dollar vs. the DM.
I hate to sound too picky, but the DM is dead. German prices all now in Euros. Therefore it is the dollar vs. Euro that matters. This relationship fluctuates also, so you basic idea is probably still true.

Have Fun!

Don