BEW Head onto a BRM block?

vwconejo

TDI
B4 and couple or Rabbits
Any insight is welcome, I need clarification as I have both parts but do not have the extra cash to purchase either components to finish off the BRM or the BEW. I have looked around and it seems as it could work. This will be going into a 2004 Jetta that had the BEW, unfortunately the block is no bueno. Thanks in advance gents.

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
I *think* it will work but I haven't seen too many split up BRM's. All these motors are pop n' swap really. They'll all bolt up to each other. Use the BRM timing belt components, and you should be good to go...

jjordan11

Veteran Member
TDI
1988 Audi 80 quattro PD130, 1982 Westfalia TDI
What car is it going into? I know the motor mounts for the two are different. With the bew it is like the alh and has one arm of the bracket through the t-belt, but the mount on the brm doesn't.

vwconejo

TDI
B4 and couple or Rabbits
Farfromovin said:
I *think* it will work but I haven't seen too many split up BRM's. All these motors are pop n' swap really. They'll all bolt up to each other. Use the BRM timing belt components, and you should be good to go...

Thank you, I believe it should work also, since its essentially the same block

vwconejo

TDI
B4 and couple or Rabbits
jjordan11 said:
What car is it going into? I know the motor mounts for the two are different. With the bew it is like the alh and has one arm of the bracket through the t-belt, but the mount on the brm doesn't.
Its going into a 2004 Jetta with a BEW, the mounts are bolted up to brackets that bolt onto the engine, I'm thinking that the brackets should interchange onto either block

BRM

BEW

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI, 09' JSW TDI, 09' BMW 335d
I would look at the bottom of your BRM head. Do the valves protrude over the face of the head? The BEW doesn't have valve reliefs in the pistons like most other TDI's, its valves are also below the surface of the head.
I have not had a BRM apart yet, so I am a little curious. THe PD150 head I used had valve protrusion and would not have worked on a stock BEW engine.

Hopefully this isn't the case and you will be good to go.

O.C.

hid3

Banned
TDI
Golf V 1.9 TDI-PD 105 HP
I think that BRM and BEW heads are identical.. At least they have the same p/n/ ending 373 R stamped on them.