Fuse box diagram

TDI
2011 TDI Sportwagen
Does anyone have a fuse box diagram for a 2011 JSW TDI???? I can't find one anywhere, and why doesn't VW include itinerary their manual?? Very annoying!

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Buy a Bentleys manual........................

Should be a card in your fuse box..................

Last edited:
TDI
2011 TDI Sportwagen
No card in the fuse box.. Obviously that's the 1st place I looked since every other car Ive owned in the past has a diagram underneath the lid of the fuse box.

I am assuming by the .............. That I am supposed to know about a "bentleys" manual. This is the 1st VW I have ever owned and I've only had it a few weeks.

Where does one get a "bentleys" manual? Google search I'm assuming?

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
Only in the Bentley Manual....

"Bentley Publishers" publish VW / Audi Service Manuals...best $75 yuo'll ever spend. They only have them for 2005-2010 Jetta/jetta Sportwagen but your 2011 shoudl be identical to the 2010. They aren't published every year and are available on amazon....

bora2003

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 5-speed; 2009 Jetta TDI 6-spd; 2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagen; 2015 Golf TDI SE - Manual 6spd; 2012 Jetta TDI
Does anyone have a fuse box diagram for a 2011 JSW TDI???? I can't find one anywhere, and why doesn't VW include itinerary their manual?? Very annoying!
My 2010 JSW also lacks on "on site" diagram of the fuses; however the info can be found in the owner's manual. Are you saying VW deleted it from the 2011 manual??? If so, that's weird!!

TDI
2011 TDI Sportwagen
My 2010 JSW also lacks on "on site" diagram of the fuses; however the info can be found in the owner's manual. Are you saying VW deleted it from the 2011 manual??? If so, that's weird!!
Nope it says that due to ongoing development of the vehicle, configuration-dependent allocation of fuses and the combined fuse protection of multiple loads using one fuse an up-to-date overview of the fuse location per load is not possible at this time to print...

Basically, blah blah blah the 2011 manual is a worthless stack of fire starter.

I ordered a bentleys manual so I can figure out what fuse goes to what.. Complete BS in my opinion.

ipassgas

TDI
2011 Golf Wagon TDI, 2003 Golf GL TDI (sold), both reflex silver
2011 Golf Wagon fuses

Just so everyone knows:
Went to the dealer today and had them print the 34 pages of fuse location/modifiers/June or July 2010 manufacture date/Auto or Man transmission/Moons lined up over Jupiter...blah...blah...
Long story short...I must now carry a 34 page book in the glove box until I have time to take a picture of the fuse block under the hood and to the left of the dash and then cross-reference all this to the shop manual for my VIN and make my own fuse block reference that I might be able to follow if I ever popped a fuse in the middle of nowhere with only my trusty LED light on my keys for illumination...oh...snap!...how I rant...wow! Even the dealer was torqued...can you imagine the poor mechanic and the shop only getting $100 to $120/hour to replace a fuse based on this guide?
It would strike me that VW failed on this one and we all know that the marque is known for quirky wiring techniques anyway and now...quirky to no fuse maps too. :)
All said and done I am hoping that all of this won't matter as I didn't change one fuse in my 2003 Golf in 8 years. Yippeeeeeee

Mr. Timewise

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta SE 2.5L Tip (gasser)
I, too, was amazed that my 2010 Jetta gasser sedan had no fuse location identifier label on the inside of the fuse box cover. But at least the manual would have one, right? Yes it did, but most of the fuse location identifiers were incomplete or wrong. This is inexcusable as far as I'm concerned.

I have a Bentley for my 2002 Audi. I use that for the servicing I do for that car. But spending $130 for a Bentley service manual for the Jetta is out of the question when I shouldn't need the manual for several years.

http://www.bentleypublishers.com/vo...tion/vw-a5-jetta-repair-manual-2005-2010.html

Last edited:

ricaroo

TDI
2011 jetta sportwagen
I am looking for the fuse diagrams for both locations, under the hood next to the battery and the one on the drivers side end of dashboard.

2011 tdi jsw

Thanks for any help you can provide

Rick

Kenn JSW

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen
The hard copy (and hard cover) Bentley manual for the "A5" Jetta (officially covers through 2010 only, but a lot is applicable to the newer cars at least for the Sportwagen - I think the Jetta changes in the last couple of years make this manual of limited use for the non-Sportwagen) is currently $79.95 on ebay and through the same seller through his normal online site... Bimmerzone.com. Free shipping, at least on his website. I got mine priority mail 3 days after ordering, and used his website just so he'd get any profit instead of ebay. Go to Bentley Service Manuals on the left side of the home page, then select Volkswagen Service Manuals. Amazon has the manual or a few dollars more, plus there's a shipping charge.

My understanding is that Bentley no longer has a contract with VW to produce these manuals, so there will be no updates or manuals for newer cars. (So who does have the contract now? Nobody?)

Kenn JSW

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen
And just to put this thread back on topic, I checked my 2013 JSW owner's manual, and it also contains no fuse diagram, and contains the same statement that KevinCMonaghan mentioned. This just seems more "lazy" on the part of VW than a true problem with keeping up to date with production changes on the electrical system.

Also, expanding on my Bentley manual topic above, I'm not sure how accurate the 2010 JSW info would be as far as fuse diagrams or newer cars. For my use, I'm printing off MF1160's pdf file and keeping that with my car. Even if it's slightly out of date for 2013 cars (and I'm guessing it's pretty close to the same), it's infinitely better than what VW provided in the owner's manual!

JasonG

Veteran Member
TDI
1994, 2003 JSW (sold), 2012 Jetta
who in their right minds put the fuse on the back of a dang radio?
Even knowing it's there it took a few minutes to find it buried in the wiring !

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
I took a picture of my fuse block and added it into MS word document (8x11 inch portrait layout) and then added info from the "official" VW manual info. I bold faced a few of the entries that I verified, usually by pulling the fuse to see if the affected system stopped working. I then converted the file to a PDF, printed it, and stuffed a copy in my glove box. Here is my last update from last Dec. If anyone wants a copy of my word doc as a template to make their own, PM me and I'll send it to you. You can delete my photo and add your own and then update the fuse info. Been to lazy to do the engine fuse info.:)

Last edited:

JATPOL

TDI
'14 Golf TDI 6M Candy White
I took a picture of my fuse block and added it into MS word document (8x11 inch portrait layout) and then added info from the "official" VW manual info. I bold faced a few of the entries that I verified, usually by pulling the fuse to see if the affected system stopped working. I then converted the file to a PDF, printed it, and stuffed a copy in my glove box. Here is my last update from last Dec. If anyone wants a copy of my word doc as a template to make their own, PM me and I'll send it to you. You can delete my photo and add your own and then update the fuse info. Been to lazy to do the engine fuse info.:)

Thank you very much that's all I need :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awtoner

TDI
2013 JSW TDI
Incredible

I'm totally appalled that VW didn't include a fuse diagram with my 2013 JSW. This is the first thing which really makes me question VW and this vehicle Utterly terrible.

Thanks to those who posted the diagrams. I appreciate them.

dewhorse

TDI
2010 golf
Does anyone have something similar for the fuse box in the engine compartment? My wife's 2010 Golf lost both the rear signal and brake light. It's not the bulbs and I looked at just about every fuse I could think of to no avail.

And yes the owners manual is useless

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
Does anyone have something similar for the fuse box in the engine compartment? My wife's 2010 Golf lost both the rear signal and brake light. It's not the bulbs and I looked at just about every fuse I could think of to no avail.
And yes the owners manual is useless

Not sure if this will help...

F16 30 amp (green) listed for all below. Back of the fuse box, left side

Onboard supply control unit -J519- Terminal 30 right 30a
Rear right turn signal bulb -M8-
Right brake light bulb -M10-
Right tail light bulb -M2-
Right side light bulb -M3-
Right reversing light bulb -M17-
Right headlight dipped beam bulb -M31-
Right headlight dipped beam bulb -M31-
Right headlight main beam bulb -M32-
Right fog light bulb -L23-
Front right turn signal bulb -M7-

F26 30 amp (green) listed for all below. middle of fuse box, right side, BIG GREEN FUSE
Onboard supply control unit -J519- 30a
Left side light bulb -M1-
Front left turn signal bulb -M5-
Left tail light bulb -M4-
Rear left turn signal bulb -M6-
Left brake light bulb -M9-
Left headlight dipped beam bulb -M29-
Left headlight main beam bulb -M30-
Left reversing light bulb -M16-
Rear left fog light bulb -L46-
Left fog light bulb -L22-

Brian's96TDIPASSAT

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI SEL 14 Passat SEL, bought back by VW 11 Golf TDI, bought back by VW 05 Passat TDI 96 Passat TDI, sold
I found one on-line in a hurry this weekend. I was having wierd bulb warnings in my 11 Golf and found a partially melted 30 amp fuse that was causing a few codes and warnings of impending doom, IE, fog lamp out, lic plate light out etc etc. Luckily no real damage to fuse panel.

bfalke1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI, Tech Package, 6MT, 4 door - SOLD
My fuse box is a bit different than Bob's, I assume these chagnes are due to model year, or to my car being a tech package, with KESSY, which may require some of these changes. All in all, the fuse layout is very similar.

I only pulled one (I had to pull it to prevent my windows from rolling up for an inspection). The one I pulled is the located at F26. It did a whole lot more than I expected given the similarity in my layout to Bob's and the description in his template.

Pulling F26 disabled all windows, front and back, it disabled the driver mirror blinker (passenger side blinker worked), and it allowed my hatch to lock when driving (the auto-lock when going >5mph), but did not allow it to be unlocked via KESSY sensor, or via unlock button on Key FOB. There may have been other changes as well, but that is the extent of what I noticed.

Bill

troutbum1971

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI sold... 2012 Jetta TDI sold 13 JSW DSG w/ sunroof
I'm sorry, I'm on my phone and can't really search too well. Does anyone know if the fuse for the sun shade and sun roof are the same? I shipped my 2013 JSW from Germany in perfect working condition and now the shade won't close but the sunroof works.
Thank you in advance

Tdiyiyi

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Help! I joined this forum in 2018 but didn't stay active. I have 2014 JSW TDI. I bought it used
in 2018. I love the car but I've had an ongoing nightmare with the check engine light.

A friend pushed the sunroof button and partially opened it. I was able to get it closed. I don't like
sunroofs and don't wish to use it. I fear that it may malfunction and I live in Louisiana where it RAINS.

I want to pull the fuse for the sunroof. I found somewhere that it is F51 (20 amp) in the dash end fuse box on the
driver's side. Amazingly, there is no diagram inside the box. Even worse is that it is not in the owner's
manual. (Insert dirty words here.) I guess I'm supposed to take the car to Momma VW to find out which fuse it is.
If someone can help I'd appreciate it.

Tdiyiyi

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Thank you. The F51 was bad info. It is as you say: F33 in Panel C did it. I found it a few minutes ago in a 2020
post by 2TDIGUY. Here is the link he had:
And here is his post:
>>>>>Here is short version specific to fuse panels from the large wiring PDF. Please note it covers both panels but for multiple car models.TDI is there, it is engine code CJAA. Look for it at bottom of each breakout.under hood starts at 802/9, interior starts at 802/29.<<<<<
Thank you both. I am a newbie. I trust it is ok to repost that info. If not, my apologies. For the record, ignorance is
not bliss.