Find the Cause of Low Oil Pressure

jakej78b

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Volkswagen Jetta TDI ALH 1.9
No updates as of far. The car was involved in a crash so it's kind of a back burner issue. I have new crank and rod bearings and the engine has been removed from the car. I'm planning on doing the job with the engine out of the car (maybe it will make the job easier?) I will test with a mechanical gauge and running the engine on a stand perhaps.

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
No updates as of far. The car was involved in a crash so it's kind of a back burner issue. I have new crank and rod bearings and the engine has been removed from the car. I'm planning on doing the job with the engine out of the car (maybe it will make the job easier?) I will test with a mechanical gauge and running the engine on a stand perhaps.
One, you'll need the 'brain' to get this beast to run. A near-complete harness is going to be required.

Two, getting oil temp up enough to tell on a stand is going to take some time. You have no means to load it there remember...:)

Since it is out, put it on a stand and plastigage the bearings. That will tell the tale. Use a micrometer on the crank journals( a caliper is not precise enough to do the job unless the crank is WAAAAAY under. Use a good mic, not a caliper.
cheers,
Douglas

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Did you read the entire thread?
It lists what to check.
There's no one part replace for this.
What are the specks for your oil?
Was the oil and filter replaced regularly?