Upgrades Upgrades Upgrades

TDIRaccoon

TDI
2014 Passat Comfortline TDI
Got a 14' Passat TDI. Nice car all around, I enjoy it.

But, I find it lacks of upgrades both visually and mechanically. I got an noname RCD330 with CarPlay, amazing feature, and definitely sound it better all around.

Did any of you installed any visual mods? How about tuning? Can we make this puppy sound and be more faster? Pics?

Cheers!

jjblbi

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SEL TDI
I'd count Bilstein shocks and struts with an H&R rear bar as pretty good mods. Won't look faster but definitely will corner faster and flatter.

BRIAN427COBRA

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, 2015 Passat SEL
Lasfit LED low beams, you will need to aim them down, but they are the lights the car should have come with

gh0stdylan

TDI
none yet
I currently only have an RCD330 (coming from a NEW car not having Android Auto was a huge let down, but this works great). I have swapped interior lights to LED which looks nice and helps. Been considering LED headlights but still debating since these are non-projector headlights and I don;'t want to throw light.

REALLY want coilovers but can't make myself. I don't want any performance mods because I bought this car for the warranty and CPO.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
For the people with RCD330, how do you make your backup camera work with the new headunit?

I believe they are different connectors (although I haven't really open up my Passat yet).

Last edited:

gh0stdylan

TDI
none yet
For the people with RCD330, how do you make your backup camera work with the new headunit?
I believe they are different connectors (although I haven't really open up my Passat yet).
There is a Scosche adapter that I bought from Crutchfield. I haven't installed it yet because it was on backorder and I just haven't gotten to it.

gringojosh

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
I don't want any performance mods because I bought this car for the warranty and CPO.
I bought a similar car ('13 TDI) with the great warranty. I would say suspension mods are OK - as long as it's not emissions/drivetrain related, you're good to go.

jhl

TDI
2015 VW Passat TDI DSG
I agree with the Lasfit low beams. They are awesome! I can now actually see the road at night and the cutoff is decent enough that I don't get flashed.

Now, if someone made a good replacement for the high beams. Any ideas?

Also, the european headlight switch is a neat upgrade too.

The H&R 24mm rear anti-sway bar makes a HUGE difference in handling. I chose the second hole from the end to attach the end links.

As far as tuning, I am considering Kerma and Malone. Based upon current information, I am not sure who to choose for the engine.

I am definitely getting a DSG flash from someone. I cannot stand the shift points/logic with this car.

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
It would if they knew about it, I would imagine. But it isn't included in the extended emissions warranty anyway. So if your initial new car warranty has run out you don't have nay warranty on it anyway.

Den

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta Baltic Green & 2015 Passat SE TDI 6 spd. auto.
performance upgrades

Any one know if any of the following changes have been made to the 15 vw tdi, like blutec delete, performance chip, ejr delete and so on?

AWDYEAH

TDI
2015 Passat SE
I'm also new with a '15 SE. Going to need tires soon and the 40K DSG service. I'm also looking into the Lasfit LED lowbeams. I picked this car up as a daily for my new job (80 miles round trip each day) and hope to get good MPG and life out of the diesel. Coming from cars with great headlights, I feel like holding a flashlight out the window would work better than the stock bulbs lol.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
Another question on the stereo/headunit, and thanks gh0stdylan for that tip on the backup camera.

What do you do with your MDI connector 5N0 035 729 E ? I believe that's also the Bluetooth module, but I wouldn't need any of that if I go the RCD330+ route. Also I don't want to just have a hole with a bunch of cables in my armrest, or a couple of dud connectors there either.