6 speed auto
6 speed clutch

Comming soon?

Rammstein.

SwimmerDave

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW 6MT
Sweet ride !! The 300ft-lb. diesel would be the best setup, even better than the V6, I'm thinking : more torque !

This van could be the ultimate SUV-killer. However, I'm sure most self-centered and ignorant Americans will continue to purchase SUVs as long as gasoline is below $3/gallon.

snoopis

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI, 5spd
My parents have the current American market EuroVan Weekender Edition (V6@201hp) and it's pretty damn cool in terms of, well, everything!

This new one looks great, but will it come here? I thought I heard that it will not be imported to North America because of the other smaller van that looks sort of like the old busses and will be imported to North America. Please tell me I'm wrong, I'd love to see these on the road, and I know my parents would buy one with a TDI, and I would get to drive it at least once!

Is it just me, or do the front doors look a little longer, and the sliding doors (yes, I see two!) look a little shorter? The only complaint I have ever heard about the Eurovan is that some people find it a little difficult to get in and out of the drivers seat.

Rammstein

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 92 D
Here's the Multivan from another angle:

It's suppose to come out in the spring, in most of Europe (not England though).

The Eurovan is suppose to be remove from the North American market very soon.

I would like to see this Multivan take over.

The main disadvantage of the Eurovan is its price (41000$ Canadian), which explain why it never sold that much (except for the white cargo versions!
).

A lower price and a TDI would help sell them better on this side of the pond.

Took most of the info from here.

Rammstein.

loggin

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf-02-Indigo Blue
oh boy, that is very nice!

VOLKSWAGEN Multivan Variant Body Type Engine Transmission Price
40. VOLKSWAGEN Multivan 2.5TDI 65KW 4 dr 2.5L Manual € 39,755
41. VOLKSWAGEN Multivan 2.5TDI 75KW 4 dr 2.5L Auto € 46,025
42. VOLKSWAGEN Multivan 2.5TDI 75KW 4 dr 2.5L Manual € 43,225
==========================
http://www.volkswagen.ch/vw/t_newsdetail.jsp?rubrik=new_vwn&id=103&source=global
==========================
The new Multivan

New of the: 07.01.03

There is thousand reasons to drive a Multivan and any of not to do it. In particular from the next spring. In fact, as early as the beginning of the second quarter 2003, Volkswagen Vehicles utilitaires launches l‘offensive of announced models. The blow d’envoi is given by the new Multivan, the big Multi-Purpose one-Vehicle (MPV) group
===========
All-New T5 Multivan

Volkswagen introduces the next-generation T5-platform Multivan

compiled by:
Jamie Vondruska

Last edited:
01.29.03 - 20:00

Volkswagen has announced the next generation Multivan platform in Germany. This fifth generation Transporter platform (dubbed T5-platform) has grown in length and width while improving on overall structural rigidity, quality and unique interior features.

More important to the North American market though, the Multivan provides a look at the platform the forthcoming Microbus will be built on. Compared to the current T4-platform Eurovan, the new Multivan has grown 3.5 inches in overall length and 2.8 inches in width providing considerably more space and legroom throughout.

Unique features in the Multivan include slide-tracks in the floor that permit the seats and folding table to be positioned in a vast number of ways. These tracks can also support a number of aftermarket additions like bike racks, entertainment centers or coolers - the possibilities are far reaching.

Side air bags are not only standard for front seat passengers, but rear seat passengers as well. Sliding doors are now included on both sides of the van standard (something not offered on North American Eurovan models).

The new Multivan even includes the world’s first (optional) Digital Voice Enhancement (DVE) system. In combination with the stereo loudspeakers, six microphones installed in the roof lining enable conversations to be conducted at a normal speaking volume.

The Multivan is targeted at the high-end executive/luxury niche of the van market in Germany. The T5 platform is primarily used in commercial vehicle applications and therefore is not built on a car-based platform. Will this be a problem with the Microbus in the future? Most of the mini-van offerings in the U.S. are car-based platforms, so it will be interesting to see how Volkswagen packages the Microbus. One thing is for certain - the Microbus will have a robust platform on which to build from with a wide variety of potential powerplants and transmissions (including six-speed automatic).

The Microbus should be introduced during calendar year 2005 here in North America. It is unknown at this point whether the Microbus will replace the Eurovan when it reaches our shores, but it is unlikely that Volkswagen will try to market two van offerings here.

Till then, all we can do is sit tight and wait. Below is the full Volkswagen AG press release on the new T5 Multivan.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

The new Multivan – The highlight attributes of VW’s big premium model

There are plenty of reasons to drive a Multivan – but nothing to be said against it. This will be especially true as of next spring, when, at the start of the second quarter of 2003, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles will launch the campaign for its new models. The first of these new models will be the Multivan, the Groups largest multi-purpose vehicle (MPV).

First-class engines, running gear that will meet the expectations even of those customers seeking sporty attributes and a range of fittings to satisfy the most discerning of buyers: The new Multivan is a luxury vehicle and will join the ranks of VW’s other new premium vehicles (the Phaeton and the Touareg). This maxi van is not targeted at classic van customers alone; it also intends to win over receptive clientele from other vehicle segments. The dimensions of the Multivan (length: 4.89 m; breadth: 1.91 m) are similar to those of an estate car, its attractive space potential being the result of its height (1.94 m).

Variety on all levels

Given its practically unlimited interior functionality, its size and its motoring properties, the new Multivan occupies a vehicle segment its classic predecessors created for themselves: the segment for maxi vans. The concept for this new vehicle is centered on the principle that everything is possible and that the vehicle itself sets no boundaries. The essential key to its superior versatility are the slide rails integrated into the floor of the vehicle. They allow the stand-alone seats, the bench seat and the table to be mounted in any desired position in the rear cabin, presenting an astonishingly wide spectrum of potential interior use – be it to load mountain bikes or accommodate long-distance business or leisure travel. All rear cabin seats are fitted with integrated three-point seat belts, thus providing optimal safety in any position. The Multivan is also the first maxi van to feature rear-seat side airbags in addition to those fitted for the driver and front-seat passenger. Sliding doors on both sides of the vehicle give the Multivan added MPV character.

More power, more elasticity

Five new engines ensure everyday motoring pleasure: two petrol engines (85 kW / 115 hp or 170 kW / 230 hp) and modern diesel engines ranging from 77 kW / 104 hp to 128 kW / 174 hp. An engine that will ensure special driving pleasure is the newly developed and economical five-cylinder unit injector diesel, with 2.5 liters of cubic capacity. Depending on the desired performance level, this engine offers torque ranging from 340 to 400 Newton meters. Unparalleled to date in the segment for maxi vans is the fact that each of the five- and six-cylinder versions features a six-speed manual or automatic gearbox.
Dynamic handling on all roads

This high level of engine performance is coupled with running gear which, due to enhanced suspension, ensures road-surface contact at all times. Such remarkable driving dynamism is due predominantly to a high degree of body rigidity and a complete overhaul of the running gear technology. McPherson struts at front and a sophisticated system consisting of a diagonal control axle with Miniblok coil springs and separate rear shock absorbers help to create the kind of driving characteristics normally only found in passenger cars. Large-size stabilizer bars help to suppress any sideway inclination when the vehicle takes curves, while load-specific shock absorbers enhance suspension comfort. The Multivan features 16” or 17” brake discs, depending on the type of engine opted for. This vehicle is series-equipped with four-channel ABS, electronic differential lock and ASR. The electronic stabilization program is optional (but series-fitted in V6 models).

Keeping cool

Driving pleasure depends largely on the climate inside a vehicle. Different people traveling in a car have different needs in terms of interior temperature. Which is why the climate for the cockpit and that for the rear cabin can be separately regulated. With its new Climatronic system, the Multivan again sets benchmarks in its class. The system allows even more differentiated climate control, with a separate setting for the front-passenger section.

Rear passengers can use adjustable rooflights to precision-guide fresh air to their seat or to guide air flow along the roof lining. The Climatronic system is simple to set. All the user needs to do is pre-select the desired temperature and adjust the air outlets to the desired position.

A superior level of understanding

One of the special merits of the Multivan is the fact that it can accommodate a large number of passengers. While lively conversation can help to make a trip much more pleasant, the problem to date has been communication between people sitting in the front and those sitting in the back-most row. The new Multivan now features the world’s first (optional) Digital Voice Enhancement (DVE) system. In combination with the stereo loudspeakers, six microphones installed in the roof lining enable conversations to be conducted at a normal speaking volume. The driver no longer needs to turn around to the rear passengers in order to be heard, but can maintain his normal driving position. The same applies to all other passengers. Everyone in the vehicle benefits from this acoustic enhancement.

[ January 30, 2003, 19:38: Message edited by: loggin ]

roon

this is the microbus and some studies of it for the US market. maybe later it will shipped to europe? i am more fan of this little one than that T5 european model.