Hot Shot's Secret 5w-30/40 Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Being that you are a dealer and advertising your own products here, it is required that you get a vendors approval before doing any selling.

blackcloud08

TDI
2011 JSW
Being that you are a dealer and advertising your own products here, it is required that you get a vendors approval before doing any selling.
Get a life, I'm not selling anything. I'm sharing a new product that is VW spec approved. Did I once say, "Contact me to purchase or PM me for more info?"

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
In one post you say that you're a "Hot Shot's dealer" and provide a link where folks can buy your product, then you say you're "not selling anything". Which is it? IMHO, you need to apply for vendor status unless you want to be banned from TDIClub... Also, "Get a life..." isn't how newbies should be starting posts.

Since I'm a Hot Shot's dealer and I recently acquired a TDI I figured I'd share this with you guys. This product hasn't been out long but I've had great results with plenty of their other products.
https://www.hotshotsecret.com/gray-diamond-euro-oil/
blackcloud08 said:
Get a life, I'm not selling anything. I'm sharing a new product that is VW spec approved. Did I once say, "Contact me to purchase or PM me for more info?"

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
It is not VW 507 approved. It states it meets or exceeds the spec but not that VW approved it for 507 use. Big difference!

"Gray Diamond Euro 5W-30 meets or exceeds the following requirements:

API SN, SM
ACEA C3
BMW LL-04
Chrysler MS-11106
GM Dexos 2
Mercedes Benz MB 229.51
Porsche C30
Volkswagon VW 504.00, 507.00"

I would almost guarantee you that VW would void any warranty claims if you were using this oil, or at least be in for a huge fight to get anything covered. They would love to get out from under the court ordered warranty of US cars if they could.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
wow
"hey guys, I'm new here but i sell some crap. you want some?"

if your going to advertise anything or talk about it because you are a seller, play by the rules.
also take your snake oil with you back to where ever you came from and as far as i care, you can stay there!

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
It is not VW 507 approved. It states it meets or exceeds the spec but not that VW approved it for 507 use. Big difference!
"Gray Diamond Euro 5W-30 meets or exceeds the following requirements:
API SN, SM
ACEA C3
BMW LL-04
Chrysler MS-11106
GM Dexos 2
Mercedes Benz MB 229.51
Porsche C30
Volkswagon VW 504.00, 507.00"
I would almost guarantee you that VW would void any warranty claims if you were using this oil, or at least be in for a huge fight to get anything covered. They would love to get out from under the court ordered warranty of US cars if they could.

Yeah, sounds like it does not have official VW approvals. But as long as you maintain the "secret" of the mystery oil :) , I very much doubt it would ever be an issue with regards to the warranty.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
OP has made this claim in another thread
I use Hot Shot's Secret in my diesels. Their Grey Diamond oil is VW 504.00, 507.00 approved.
This member seems legit but is really new here. It's a dick move to try and sell things here and not pay your dues like everyone else and to claim a bunch of lies and them insult members.
Classic newbs

Strait from the link OP provided

Gray Diamond Euro 5W-40 meets or exceeds the following requirments:

API CF,SN, SM
ACEA C3
BMW LL-04
Chrysler MS-10850
Ford WSS-M2C917-A
GM Dexos 2
Mercedes Benz MB 229.31,229.51
Porsche A40
Renault RN0700,RN0710
Volkswagon VW 502.00, 505.01

Key words missing (vw approved)
You can slap any label on it with meets or exceeds but the dumb part here is that they fail to list the 507 like OP claimed. So that's a strait up bold faced lie.

Last edited:

blackcloud08

TDI
2011 JSW
It's a direct link to the manufacturer's website.... How does that make me a seller? I gain absolutely nothing from anyone ordering anything direct from this company............ There is a big difference between me posting the manufacturer link so people can see it meets VW specs and me posting that I can sell you this product... Because I mention I trust this brand and chose to sell it automatically means I'm slinging products and not paying to be a vendor? Wow.... @Mongler98 you're not even looking at the right weight of oil so your comment isn't even valid.
@Lightflier1 the only difference in approved and meets/exceeds is a royalty paid to the manufacturer.
I was only trying to show you guys an oil that you've may or may not have seen since it's a relatively new product but me trying to help got turned into mud by the keyboard warriors of the world. Thanks for the welcome, glad to be here :)

blackcloud08

TDI
2011 JSW
You guys sure raise a big stink over nothing.

He’s just excited to carry their products and let people know.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think hot shots does referral links like amsoil and amazon.

I don’t think I’d try the oil myself but their lubricity additives are some of the best bang for the buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're 100% correct on all 4 points.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No. The one I referred to is correct. Light diesels 5w40 euro. You're a dealer, your giving bad info that conflicts with the manufacturer. You are using our platform to get people interested in it and I see that as a problem especially when you obviously don't know or understand it yourself. That's how it seems anyways. Not trying to RIP on you personally and I'm happy to see a new member. I just think you should get your facts and data ready to show us how much better this stuff is and why we should use it. Happy to take your opinion to the races but your not giving us much to go on other than " this is good stuff because I use it and sell it.

Step back as see how it looks on our side. We have heard everything about snake oil and other stuffs to put into our TDIs

blackcloud08

TDI
2011 JSW
No. The one I referred to is correct. Light diesels 5w40 euro. You're a dealer, your giving bad info that conflicts with the manufacturer. You are using our platform to get people interested in it and I see that as a problem especially when you obviously don't know or understand it yourself. That's how it seems anyways. Not trying to RIP on you personally and I'm happy to see a new member. I just think you should get your facts and data ready to show us how much better this stuff is and why we should use it. Happy to take your opinion to the races but your not giving us much to go on other than " this is good stuff because I use it and sell it.

Step back as see how it looks on our side. We have heard everything about snake oil and other stuffs to put into our TDIs
504/507 isn't even a 5w-40 oil and that's what you quoted...... I'm doing no such thing so you're the one that needs to step back. You're putting words into my mouth while at the same time assuming and accusing. Why would I be ready to show you how much better this stuff really is when I'm not selling it on here? I showed you guys a new product that hasn't been mentioned on here and left a link for you to decide for yourself. You went from accusing me of selling to wanting me to be ready to prove to you why it's better than the rest and not a snake oil.... Do you even realize what you're saying? You're now literally wanting me to solicit this product with facts and data to prove it's better than other oil and not a snake oil, why would I do that?

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
No PAO oil?

blackcloud08, thanks for bringing these potential TDI oils to our attention. For the 5W-30 Euro oil I read the statement: "Gray Diamond European Spec is a 100% full synthetic oil using only Group III base oils.". So no PAO oils in it? I see a Noack value of 7% which is pretty good for being only Group III base oil.

blackcloud08

TDI
2011 JSW
blackcloud08, thanks for bringing these potential TDI oils to our attention. For the 5W-30 Euro oil I read the statement: "Gray Diamond European Spec is a 100% full synthetic oil using only Group III base oils.". So no PAO oils in it? I see a Noack value of 7% which is pretty good for being only Group III base oil.
The data sheets are on the manufacturer website, god forbid if I were to post them or quote them on here.

rwthomas1

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta
It may be a great product. But what problem does it solve? Most TDIs will go 300+K, on any good oil. Competitive price, but who cares? Must be 15 or more choices already, that meet the specs, and would work. I can hit the local McParts, an online vendor, or an Wally World, and get what I need. Now if you told me it was $4.50/at and it met the specs, I'd be psyched, but still cautious and skeptical. But its just another boutique oil. Meh.

RT

blackcloud08

TDI
2011 JSW
It may be a great product. But what problem does it solve? Most TDIs will go 300+K, on any good oil. Competitive price, but who cares? Must be 15 or more choices already, that meet the specs, and would work. I can hit the local McParts, an online vendor, or an Wally World, and get what I need. Now if you told me it was $4.50/at and it met the specs, I'd be psyched, but still cautious and skeptical. But its just another boutique oil. Meh.
RT
You're entitled to your own opinion, that's the whole purpose of this thread, for you to decide for yourself.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
The better isomerized and gtl group iii oils are equivalent to PAO these days. In fact, they often have better lubricating properties. There's a Blackstone chart of average tdi UOA wear numbers on roughly a dozen different oils that illustrates that pretty well. I see your point though- especially if the HSS oil is quite pricey.

Last edited:

rwthomas1

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta
You're entitled to your own opinion, that's the whole purpose of this thread, for you to decide for yourself.
It's not an opinion. It's a fact. This board has numerous members with TDI cars with over 300K. And they all got there without the oil you are pushing. Further, they got there using many different brands of oil. The FACT of the matter is, the vehicles rust or wear out long before the engines give out. Adding another oil will change this not one bit.

RT

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Very defensive for somone who only has an opinion about using this oil with no data what so ever for a tdi that is only "just trying to share and totally not trying to bring sales numbers up"

johnsTDI

Veteran Member
Canada,ont North America were Neighbours to usa
TDI
2012 Highline
blackcloud08 i have not used hot shotz products or there engine oil. but i would agree from all the positive online reading uther than from here. it does seem like a excellent product for use in diesels. i recently used BG 245 in the tank for my TDI and now it runs like a fast freight trane.!! Diesels get dirty so it never hurts to use a potent additive in the engine & fuel to help clean them up.

https://www.thedrive.com/reviews/28211/best-engine-flush

Status
Not open for further replies.