Alh injection pump plug won't connect

HiaceTDI

TDI
2000 golf tdi
So I got my replacement engine into my van and my injection pump plug is the last thing I need to connect, yet I can't seem to get the two things to click together. Now the new engine came with a new injection pump and the plugs do look the same but I cannot for the life of me get them connected am I doing something wrong or is there some kind of trick to it?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
What is the code on the pump? And the old one?
Not all pump harnesses are the same.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
If you could post a photo, it might be very helpful. Sometimes different eyes can notice something you have been looking at but didn't click into.

Cheers,

PH

HiaceTDI

TDI
2000 golf tdi
Still struggling with getting this plug clicked in I took out the orange gasket thinking it was getting stuck on that but it's still won't go in

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Well, there's nothing obvious to me why it wouldn't go in. Seems that everything is OK size wise, and you should get an initial engagement even if it hangs up farther in. Wiping dust off the outside of the male part, and inside the female part may help.

Cheers,

PH

HiaceTDI

TDI
2000 golf tdi
Managed to get it plugged in but it was incredibly tight, hopefully it won't cause problems in the future trying to get it apart