Want to ship car from MD to MA

csteve

TDI
2002 Jetta Sedan 5-Speed
My (daughter’s) TDI is in Maryland, and I need to get it to Massachusetts. Does anyone have recommendations or suggestions on how to have it shipped here? How much should something like this cost. It runs. Doesn’t need to be towed.
TIA

BuckeyeMan71

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta wagon
Try roadrunner auto transport. But it’s only a 9hr drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
ill do it!, if its got a trailer hitch, ill tow my ninja and ride back lOL
jk, i aint riding my ninja 9 hours, unless the $ is right lol

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Why's it there? Where's she at? If she knows someone there make a deal to get them to drive it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

mjez

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta
Unless you can drive it everything else is going to be pricey. It would be cheaper to find someone trusted to drive it and then put them back on a train or fly them back home.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
A very big drone. It's the latest thing ;)

drucifer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta sw tdi pd
Why is the car to be in MA?
Are you to do repairs or just want your car back?
There are mechanics in MD.
There are buses, trains and planes between MD and MA.
If you're married drive down and visit for a weekend. Fix the car or take it with you. Rinse and repeat on the return.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
If you must ship it, maybe put it out for bid, like on the TV show.
But there are several easier solutions, suggested. Doesn't the east coast have pretty good passenger rail service?

300D

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6
Rent a Budget Rental Truck and trailer locally, drive down, pick it up, drive home. Don't bother with UHaul. Things are different right now, so who knows, but in regular times, reserving a UHaul has literally no meaning or value whatsoever. Uhaul places just rent to first come first serve and pay zero attention to reservations.

csteve

TDI
2002 Jetta Sedan 5-Speed
Finally got the car back on Monday. Total cost $350. Picked up last Wednesday. The driver didn’t know how to drive a stick! My brother drove it onto truck. I drove it off. I guess that’s one way to avoid Covid.
We gave it a thorough washing. I’ve never seen pollen crusted at 1/8” thick before.
I got prices from as low as $300 to $575. FYI

csteve

TDI
2002 Jetta Sedan 5-Speed
4 Seasons auto transport out of Florida was the broker. But the company who owned the truck was actually Precise Transportation out of Springfield Mass. The driver seemed to be out of NYC.

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
Finally got the car back on Monday. Total cost $350. Picked up last Wednesday. The driver didn’t know how to drive a stick! My brother drove it onto truck. I drove it off. I guess that’s one way to avoid Covid.
We gave it a thorough washing. I’ve never seen pollen crusted at 1/8” thick before.
I got prices from as low as $300 to $575. FYI
WOW, Mother of the Earth, CDL driver and do not know how to drive Stick shift.

Where this Country going?

BeetlePD

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle 2005
Not cheap. I tried to ship a car from Chicago to California but price was $800. Then I decided to buy a $100 plane ticket, pickup the car myself, and drive it back. Waaaay cheaper & besides that’s what cars are for (to be driven).

Another option is to take Acela or Amtrak from Boston to Baltimore & get the car.

Last edited:

semmm

TDI
audi Q5
you can try movewheels or uship, i used both of them and totally satisfied, good price and service, everything was made at time, but movewheels a little bit cheaper

Last edited:

Alduinn

TDI
none yet
Oh man, I remember back when I was working for Taurus Auto Group that there was a broker company named roadrunner, now they are having their very own car shipping service. That is really great. They have always been a really great company, and really really professional. Besides that, their services have always been on the highest possible level. However, I have never used their car shipping services. The only company that I would recommend you right now, is Guardian. They are probably the best company that I have ever worked with, in this domain.

Last edited: