2003 Jetta tdi uneven ac air flow 2 end vents from center vents

twhite

TDI
2003 jetta
I had the blend doors done last year and at that time I noticed the 2 end vents were not blowing ac out as strong as the 2 center vents which are about even now after the blend door fix.

the 2 end vents have gotten worse. The compressor and expansion valve replaced in 2019.

shouldn't all 4 vents be blowing the same? I am original owner and do not remember uneven air flow...some tdi owners have told me that they have the same problem.

any ideas for fixes? This issue is same when I turn heat on.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
when doing the beld door, did you tape up all the seams with a QUALITY HVAC tape? you know, where the parts all connect? those places all also had foam that kept them from leaking? i would not think that it would be enough to cause that much air flow difference though.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Yes, they should be blowing about the same, but a lot of time and many events have passed since the car was new. As above, there could be lots of things, the only thing I can think of other than what has been mentioned is that there may be some loose foam chunks still in the vents blocking the air flow.

Certainly ventilation troubles like this are a headache and will take a lot of work. But first, start thinking of what to do and then systematically start working on them. Be patient. Keep after it. Then when you find the solution, let us know.

Cheers, and good luck!

PH

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I've got two MKIVs, one that's had blend doors repaired and one that's original, no foam escaping. And on both the outside vents flow less air than the center vents.