TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
What oil have you been using?

The only Castrol product that is VW approved for your engine is
Castrol Professional OE LL03 VW 504 00/507 00

boomer1

TDI
2013 TDI Passat
I use the Castrol Professional LL03 but have only ever seen it for sale at the dealer or on line, never in a retail store environment.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The fact that Volkswagen puts "Castrol recommended" right on the oil fill cap probably means that they have a product that meets the VAG specs, LOL... :p

That said, it does not necessarily mean that Costco carries the proper 507.00 oil. Chances are, they probably do NOT.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
I've looked at my local (and many non-local) Costco locations, both here in Canada and the US, and have yet to find one that carries the 507.00 TDI oil.

Look at IDparts.com - they're close to you and have reasonable shipping costs to Canada.

TDI
2009 Jetta
I’d really just like to find any “brick and mortar” place to buy my oil, besides the dealer.

Seems none of the big box stores carry any VW 507 approved.

Dealer it is, I guess.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Is there a reason you won't just have it sent to you? Not sure in your area, but in the US most every major city has SOME place you can get it even if it is special order and costs more than just getting it online and having it dropped at your doorstep.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I’d really just like to find any “brick and mortar” place to buy my oil, besides the dealer.

My Canadian Tire carries a Castrol version that's 507.00 spec; downside there is that, after tax, it's typically right at $20/L.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)

Dealer it is, I guess.
Dealerships can be very competitive on price. Have you checked?

HPsenicka

Veteran Member
TDI
2 x 2004 Jetta Sport BEW (Malone Stage 1.5), 2014 GSW TDI - Wolfsburg Edition, 2015 Passat TDI -Sport Trim
My Canadian Tire carries a Castrol version that's 507.00 spec; downside there is that, after tax, it's typically right at $20/L.

Check out www.roselandtech.ca for a great source of VW parts based in Canada.

As an example, Motul 8100 X-Clean+ 5W-30 , VW507 spec oil is $59 CDN for a 5L jug

johnsTDI

Veteran Member
Canada,ont North America were Neighbours to usa
TDI
2012 Highline
My Local Costco only sells castrol edge in jugs. but does not carry any Oil that meets my VW's 507.00 spec to use. with that said i bought some at my local VW dealer that sells (castrol edge professional synthetic) at $10.00 a bottle :) good Luck finding it at any Canadian Tire, Wallmart. CT carries mobile1 esp that meets 507.00 spec for my TDI but its $15.00 a bottle! No thanks sticking with dealers Oil.

Rodmiser

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta s\DSG 2015 & 1&2 FIX
Or RockAuto.com my fuel in litters 5.4

Last edited:

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
We love to hate on Wal-mart, but you can order the Pennzoil Euro LX 507 spec oil and they either deliver it to you or to your local store so you can pick up.

They sell it for $9.95/qt in my area.

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
I noticed ;) Consider it just another source for 507 spec oil.
Is it a source in Canada? Or does the OP have to source it in the US and have it transported to Canada? When Canadian forum members post here I do not give them info on where to buy anything in the US.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I, for one, appreciate when a US forum member notices that I'm in Canada, and thus, what might be "cheap fast shipping" for Americans is anything but for us.

With that said, I'll go back to how impressed I am with IDparts.com - Peter and the kids there have pretty reliable shipping for a reasonable price. 5L of oil might not be worth it, but 5L of oil, plus a filter kit, plus DSG fluid...you're coming out way further ahead than any source I've found in Canada; and even for me way out on the West Coast, shipments are usually eight days total (i.e., including weekends).

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I know a company that sales 5 liter DSG pentosin oil and febi filter around $160 cdn delivered with free shipping code. A good search engine and patience , you'll reap rewards.
Not the greatest example because shipping is pretty high (I'm assuming because of the weight of the fluid), but nonetheless, shows that IDparts can compete with that (geez - i'm starting to sound like I'm a sales rep for them or something...I assure you, I am not).

Current exchange rate gets that to your door for just under $140CAD.

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
Is it a source in Canada? Or does the OP have to source it in the US and have it transported to Canada? When Canadian forum members post here I do not give them info on where to buy anything in the US.
:confused: :(
Yikes, sorry... just trying to help. It may surprise you to know that some Kanucks visit south of their border and stock up on goodies now and then.
A Wal-mart run wouldn't be out of the question.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Now that it takes a passport, that "may" have slowed down some. I am surprised someone near the border hasn't setup a friendly forwarding service on a limited scale.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Not to derail this thread even more, but if you look at most US towns on the Canadian border, you'll find hoards of parcel-pickup places.

Google Point Roberts, WA for example, and you'll see what I mean.

(Valiantly trying to steer this back to topic....)
Not that this helps the OP, of course, as he wanted something to his door...

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Not to derail this thread even more, but if you look at most US towns on the Canadian border, you'll find hoards of parcel-pickup places.

Google Point Roberts, WA for example, and you'll see what I mean.

(Valiantly trying to steer this back to topic....)
Not that this helps the OP, of course, as he wanted something to his door...
...which is on the OTHER edge of the NA continent!!! BWAHAHAHA!!!

HPsenicka

Veteran Member
TDI
2 x 2004 Jetta Sport BEW (Malone Stage 1.5), 2014 GSW TDI - Wolfsburg Edition, 2015 Passat TDI -Sport Trim

I recently discovered that Canadian Tire also has a variant of their house brand "Formula1" synthetice oil specifically formulated for European engines... the 5W30 meets VW 507 spec if you look closely on the label on the jug.

5L jug is roughly $60 CDN

Details online are kinda vague, you have to see the actual label in the store to verify.