Big nozzles for VP engines

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
maybe pump element filling becomes an issue?
with less power from the larger nozzles from the smaller ones efficiently using the limited fuel available from the pump vs raw flow volume

Makes me wonder about running significantly higher case pressures.
Rework the shaft seal out front with proper hydraulic packing instead of having inlet pressure against the back side of a lip seal and set up the power steering pump as a higher pressure fuel pump to deliver 200psi of inlet pressure, case pressure regulator and transfer pump should bump that up to something like 5-600 psi in the pump.
The VE Cummins folks have tapped into the pump so that the input shaft seal is not under pressure, and then boosted the inlet pressure to levels you mention. Not quite sure how, but there ya go...:)
cheers,
Douglas
now putting a 12mm P7100 4-pot pump on it would be insane.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
yanked my DSS-r .360s today
they had a lot of coke on them from the bad fuel I've been running lately
spray pattern and pop pressure is still the same, rather junky but serviceable and between 275 and 300 bar pop pressure

tomorrow we'll see what some crappy oomyapoo chinese ".30" injectors look like, so far I'm sceptical as the holes won't fit a .29mm pin gauge
ETA: tested three of them so far, one is streaming, luckily I bought a load of them to try and get 4 good ones

Last edited: