Need good N. Central Indiana shop for VW TDI work.

Shirefox

Noblesville (north of Indianapolis), IN USA
TDI
Jetta, 2000, silver
I have a 2000 jetta, and the "turbo" is gone. Runs fine, mileage okay, but it has become a nuisance to everyone on the road. I have changed the air filter and checked the intake in front of it. I have changed the gas filter. I know there is more I could do, but I haven't had the time or inclination to try. Not terribly experienced either. The FAQs at this site have been very helpful though. Now the check engine light is on. I want to take it in and at least get an estimate, but hate to go the dealer. Hope to find competent work at a decent price in Indianapolis or some place north of. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
How about a little east of Indy in Greenfield? Send a PM to LanduytG and see if he can help. He does have VAG-COM and some /images/graemlins/wink.gif knowledge of TDIs. (hint: Pull up his profile and then click on the link to see all his posts.)

asparks

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 1999, Silver
[ QUOTE ]
Shirefox said:
I have a 2000 jetta, and the "turbo" is gone. Runs fine, mileage okay, but it has become a nuisance to everyone on the road. I have changed the air filter and checked the intake in front of it. I have changed the gas filter. I know there is more I could do, but I haven't had the time or inclination to try. Not terribly experienced either. The FAQs at this site have been very helpful though. Now the check engine light is on. I want to take it in and at least get an estimate, but hate to go the dealer. Hope to find competent work at a decent price in Indianapolis or some place north of. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check with Walters Import in Lafayette. He might be able to help you. He is German. Does VW's, Porches, Benz, etc.