What did you do to your MK7 today?

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf TDI SEL 6MT w/ lighting and driver assistance package
splash guards went on last weekend. They make a big difference, especially with the wheels pushed out on spacers. The GTI front brakes are going on this weekend. Also having the LED tails wired so the Amber turn signals will work!

Smevans

TDI
'15 TDI| 78' Datsun 280Z (Sold)
VWR springs, carbon spoiler, carbon VW emblem, de-badge, 20mm wheel spacers. Took me about 2.5 hours to replace the front springs, five minutes for the rear springs. I like the looks and the handling much better now.

That is looking good. Lets see some pictures from the front!

Q400Pylot

TDI
2015 Golf TDI S
splash guards went on last weekend. They make a big difference, especially with the wheels pushed out on spacers. The GTI front brakes are going on this weekend. Also having the LED tails wired so the Amber turn signals will work!
Where'd you get the brakes from? A write up to go along with it would be great!

cmschmie

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE 6MT
Can you take pics with the splash guards? I'm tempted to install sometime soon. Did you have to make any modifications to the splash guards while installing?
Thanks.

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
Where'd you get the brakes from? A write up to go along with it would be great!
I bought the brakes off a guys who immediately upgraded his GTI's brakes to a BBK. No write up required. It was stupid simple. Remove wheel, remove caliper remove, rotor and shield. Replace in reverse order. Everything bolts right up. The only difficult part is bleeding the brakes.

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
Can you take pics with the splash guards? I'm tempted to install sometime soon. Did you have to make any modifications to the splash guards while installing?
Thanks.
Ive got to see about posting pics on this forum. No modifications - they bolt right up pretty easy. They are really doing a nice job today with all the snow falling. And they keep the sides of the car MUCH cleaner, and will keep the leading edge of the rear fender directly behind the rear wheel from getting sand blasted. If you use spacers and daily drive its a no brainer.

twistedcricket

TDI
No TDIs
Ive got to see about posting pics on this forum. No modifications - they bolt right up pretty easy. They are really doing a nice job today with all the snow falling. And they keep the sides of the car MUCH cleaner, and will keep the leading edge of the rear fender directly behind the rear wheel from getting sand blasted. If you use spacers and daily drive its a no brainer.
I installed mine one evening. The directions are pretty clear. I removed each wheel and took my time. I used the tool kit that comes with the car to jack it up and remove the wheels too.

Since installing them there haven't been any crappy weather days. I really hope they to deflect more of the snow-belt junk off the car.

atl630

TDI
2015 Golf S
Did you buy the USB one or did the dealer swap them for you? They gave me the iPod one with the car but I have no use for it and want the USB one.

russdog5681

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf S TDI DSG
Did you buy the USB one or did the dealer swap them for you? They gave me the iPod one with the car but I have no use for it and want the USB one.
I bought the USB one off of Amazon. I, too, had no need for the iPod one...I put it up for sale.

Russ

Caseyb476

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE 6spd man
Installed my Drawtite. The only time consuming and difficult part was removing the plastic strip at the bottom of the bumper. But I'm not going to lie, that was almost enough for me to drop it off at a mechanic.

twistedcricket

TDI
No TDIs
Installed my Drawtite. The only time consuming and difficult part was removing the plastic strip at the bottom of the bumper. But I'm not going to lie, that was almost enough for me to drop it off at a mechanic.
Completed mine this morning and felt the same way. I was leary of attempting to pull that lower fascia off. I didn't, but I'm going to have to re-check the bolts for tightness after a few miles on bumpy roads. The articulating ratchet helped but maybe not enough the first time through.