Went shopping for a TDI SEL (OMG!)

Joyrex

TDI
2012 Passat SEL
I had the same exact issue with three different dealers as well and was forced to have to deal with one of them because they actually had my car in stock.
First dealer tried to tell me they had the car in stock when I got there and there was no car, they tried to sell me some horrible color config someone ordered and abandoned. Next they tried to tell me they had the car (Built in TN) in "Port" .

I had them actualy agree to a price sign a contract and then try to slip a new contract in at MSRP me. After a good amount of yelling at the GM, telling all the other customers in the show room about what they tried to pull on me and leaving the dealership, they called me back exactly 30mins later and gave me the car at the original price. So I took the car because I wanted to take a great quote my old car from Car max.

All the dealers I dealt with I slammed on Google maps reviews, but this problem is industry wide. Before buying my Passat I visted Audi, BMW, and Volvo dealers and they were all the same.

*** is wrong with these ppl what is so hard about a simple car buying experience.

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
Just frosts my @ss when a dealer pulls the, "yup, got one on the lot" BS. Learned that lesson in 2006. And I hear ya on the gamut of shady stunts. Last dealer I dealt with on a 2012 Passat had to agree to show me all the costs before I would come to the lot. To my surprise they were up-front and costs were reasonable. Was offered $1000 off MSRP and 1.9% interest for a SE/DSG/Nav. I walked out when offered $5800 for my well cared for 2006½.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Just frosts my @ss when a dealer pulls the, "yup, got one on the lot" BS. Learned that lesson in 2006. And I hear ya on the gamut of shady stunts. Last dealer I dealt with on a 2012 Passat had to agree to show me all the costs before I would come to the lot. To my surprise they were up-front and costs were reasonable. Was offered $1000 off MSRP and 1.9% interest for a SE/DSG/Nav. I walked out when offered $5800 for my well cared for 2006½.
Sell the 06 your self.(5800 for 06 what a joke)They go for 10k+