www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Golf TDI Picture Gallery

Golf TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Golf TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old July 19th, 2013, 19:40   #571
tothemax
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDikook View Post
were the ground control springs realy that much more stiffer than the Shine? I have shine, and I think they are fine, nothing too harsh. the GC must have been bone jarring!
The rears GC springs I had on are GC200.64.58 (8/2.5"/340 lbs)

I understand that the Shine VR6s are 250 lbs/" the front were stiffer but I cannot read the numbers on them and yest they were very stiff

I do not think the Shine are too harsh but stiffer than stock.. I can rally feel the difference with my Jetta which has the OEM

Last edited by tothemax; July 19th, 2013 at 19:48.
tothemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 14:01   #572
tothemax
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Springer View Post
TotheMax,
How about a picture of how the car sits now that you have your Shine springs and Koni HD's on!

Stance on Koni Yellows and VR6 Shine springs

Old July 20th, 2013, 14:58   #573
03Springer
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Avg 50

Looks great! I have the Moog V6 springs on the front and GTI springs on the rear with Koni Reds on all four corners. I have about the same amount of gap between the fenders and tires and it sits level.
03Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 15:11   #574
tothemax
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Springer View Post
Looks great! I have the Moog V6 springs on the front and GTI springs on the rear with Koni Reds on all four corners. I have about the same amount of gap between the fenders and tires and it sits level.

Great! If you can pls post a photo of your stance along with a description of you set up on this thread I just started to give others a chance to compare... Cheers
Old July 20th, 2013, 15:24   #575
tothemax
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDikook View Post
Bummer all things went wrong on that beautiful Golf. So, its a Daily driver now, But it is an Awesomely FUN daily Driver!!!

LOL.... That she is !!!

Once you get over all heartaches, wasted $, wasted time, and all the Fock ups ... she is a whole lot of fun.... All that shiate is finally behind me (for now) ..... and we just got the last of the issues fixed today... Matt had to change a power steering hose because the ALH one did not fit right into the ARL set up because of the different location of the power steering..

Now she is just humming along and such a pleasure to drive.. .she's still got a lot of gitty up in her when you press down on the go pedal... In fact I'm gonna take her for a drive right now ... just for fun

Time heals all wounds....
Old July 20th, 2013, 18:24   #576
dieselpower04
Veteran Member

Wow that thing is high

dieselpower04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 20:12   #577
tothemax
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpower04 View Post
Wow that thing is high
... a little more than OEM.. but not much... will be saving on the axles and improving handling
Old July 20th, 2013, 21:00   #578
FlyTDI Guy
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 56.5/44/41

On my stock A4 setup, the upper wheel gap started grating on me. It just looked silly and became a thorn in my side. After dropping it however, the wisdom of having that much height started to sink in. Without getting into too much detail, it's too bad VW didn't engineer our A4's to have nice even wheel gap and ground clearance on stock suspension. I now notice many other makes that have much nicer stock aesthetics yet still maintain decent clearance, shock travel and dampening.

'01 Jetta GLS, 5 sp, Black on Black, Leather, Sun Roof, MFSW, Monsoon, Cold Weather Pkg., Full LED interior, always a work in progress
FlyTDI Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2014, 07:04   #579
arne487
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 62.4 max, 53 avg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothemax View Post
Bad news.... There is a small oil leak coming from the bell housing... That block girdle turned out to be a huge PITA.... Leaking under the block girdle? oil pan? rear main seal......I hope not...
Did you ever determine the root cause of this? I have the same leak with my girdle installed.
arne487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2014, 08:32   #580
oldpoopie

Fuel Economy: whats that?

At what point on the girdle is the leak coming from? Front edge? Back edge? Passenger side? Drivers side? Corners?

Email me, justgrow@gmail.com
oldpoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2014, 09:18   #581
arne487
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 62.4 max, 53 avg

Bell housing. It looks like a RMOS leak, but I'm not sure.
arne487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2014, 14:43   #582
brnsgrbr
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44 mpg

May or May not be related but I have tiny leak on the bell housing side, possibly from the girdle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
2.0Ltr ALH w/BHWs, WB girdle, IE Tuscan rods, RyanP GtB2260Vk kit, 4bar MAP; Kerma 3" exhaust w/HF cat & Aeroturbine 3030XL, headwork, DRW 6speed w/DG Sigma shifter;SBC S2 End race clutch W/ferramic disk; Peloquin TBD; Bosio Stage 2 R520s; DLI Technik mounts ; 11mm; TT CA bushings; DG Panzer FMJ, RP,& 100K TB&SB upgrade; Coolant heater; DRL & EGR deletes; ventectomy; Accuair/Airlift suspension;B20-B100
brnsgrbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2014, 20:29   #583
tothemax
Veteran Member

Sorry, I ended up with a crack in my block and pulled out and scrapped the freshly rebuilt engine... .the small oil leak was long forgotten and was the last thing on my mind at the time....

Just noticed this post now..... If you pull off the tranny or somehow can look inside, try to find out if its coming from this location of these two bolts... maybe put a little more weld material in there there... or a $hitload of pan sealant at these locations... maybe remove the bolts and pack the bolt holes full of sealant and put the two bolts back in ....... maybe my welder took off too much metal there to make room for the nuts ... They are so hard to make fit right these block girdles

Ask Matt Whitbread what he thinks the leak could .. .he made this girdle for me...

Last edited by tothemax; July 15th, 2014 at 20:32.